No announcement yet.

Who Else Is Getting Ready For Ohio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know these are dumb questions but its the first time Julian and I will be traveling by ourselves and I want to be prepare. I have to go to Springfield sat morn to pick up that bed for the 89, then we will be 40 mins away. How much money should I think on bringing? Im sure there are food stations? You guys said lawn chairs, radio, cooler, bikes. Is Julians aloud to ride his bike in there since he is only 7? Like I said before we will prolly sleep in the trailblazer so we'll need to find a parking lot or something to park in over night. Can it get rained out? There calling for rain here in Indiana the rest of the week.

Comment

I forgot about the age thing and the bike, I don't think they would like it if he's racing through the pits but of you have a bike and both of you are going from the starting line to the consession stand I don't think there would be a problem. You will need money to get it. Food money and tee shirt money . You can go and come as you need and there is a Walmart right down the road
      Last edited by Russell; April 28, 2016, 06:49 AM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Dan , yes Paula is here . We got in around 11 . I was beat after getting up at 4am to go in early for work . And having a fiasco changing the oil for the first time in the trailblazer. That oil filter was elbow deep from the bottom and I had to take a plastic skid plate off to get to it . And then the sock I bought for the Mobil 1 filter didn't fit the one that was on it already. And then I had to go back for 2 more quarts of oil . Really , I thought youd have to have a diesel to need 7 quarts of oil ! (4.2 )
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Julian and I are going to sleep in our trailblazer for the weekend. And yes changing the oil is a pain with the 4.2. I just leave the skid plate off. My 6.0 in mine is tucked away also where it is a nightmare to get it.

Comment

Hope to see you today ! I may not feel or hear it but at least we can get together eventually .
            Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 30, 2016, 10:52 AM.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Made it around 11.00 today to be told it was canceled today. Got a room at the Wilmington inn for the night and try again tomorrow

Comment

Dan - 122! Woohoo! Good to see you.

vic
                vic NASCARland

Comment

Sorry you got cancelled, Troy. Hopefully you guys will have fun. Sorry I missed you guys - next time!

Vic, to be exact, 121.2284. So not quite 122 - but that's coming. Now to sort the clutch.

Dan

Comment

We got shirts and Julian wore his yesterday. Wanted to wear it today also but they only had youth in white. Pretty sure there was alreadya stain on it by the end of the day yesterday. Told hum I'd get it washed tonight and he can wear it when I get him next.

Comment

VERY cool that he was interested and wants to show off his shirt. I'll be there in June with a new clutch - come and hang out with me. A lot of the fun is in going thru the staging line where you can talk to everyone and there isn't much of a rush 'cause it takes as long as it takes.

Tell Julian I have my newest "Class Record Holder" shirt on today - I can relate. We'll get him a "Class Record Crew Member" shirt at the next meet after I've made him a crew member (should have gotten Russell one).

LSR is REAL different from drag racing, no?

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; May 2, 2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

We got to go up in the announcers booth with Brian for a while. He was in high heaven, watching the computers and asking questions about everything. He really got attached to Joeyg and his corvette. Couldnt keep him away from that car.

Comment

That's a cool car for sure. And super that he got into the booth for awhile. It's pretty interesting.

Dan

Comment

We're (I'm) thinking seriously about the September event at Ohio. Let's put a cold air intake on Bluebelle the Fusion. Yes, a stock six cylinder 2012 Fusion, and see if it will go faster than 131, to prove if a cold air intake with a tune is a worthy hotrod investment by itself. We can prove it, yes or nay.

Thinking about it seriously. Lots of bucks involved, hardware and track fees and motel, but we're more than just thinking about it. Just to go do something.....you only live once, no matter who you are. That is sooooo much fun, The Mile. It sure is.
                            Last edited by pdub; June 7, 2016, 04:43 PM.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Time to stir the pot. Did they not change the rule so 2008? (I don't remember the year, I don't own anything that new ) can run with out a rollbar. So I can not till the difference between a 2006 or whatever year Red is and the year model that is the cut off. I wonder if they same? Would Ford right a letter saying so? Would the ECTA let Red run 150???
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Two things.

1) There may not BE a September meet so if you want to come you better come in June. There's a high probability that we'll lose the Ohio track (this REALLY sucks) due to Amazon making Wilmington a new hub for them. On the one hand I'm really happy for the town - they need the jobs and while we do help it's not like hundreds of steady paychecks. But I'm bummed out for us racers. As of the last meet Keith and Brian and the ladies simply don't know where this is leading and evidently the airport authority doesn't yet know either. It might be 10 planes a day or it might be 100 planes a day. If it's 10 they can handle it on the long runway across the road, if it's 100 they'll need our strip, too. As far as anyone seems to know, Amazon doesn't know yet, either. If you watch the ECTA website they'll let us know as soon as they have more info.

Anyone have a handle on 9,000 to 10,000 feet of paved runway in (preferably) the SE?

2) I don't have my rulebook sitting open in front of me but as I recall not ALL post XXXX year cars qualify to run w/o a cage. I know they were particularly thinking of, like, 'Vettes that have a built-in roll structure. I haven't seen a list of which cars have 'em and which don't. No clue if Red would fall into that category.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X