No announcement yet.

Bob's Blown Modified Mini Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob - Not as sure on the Otto-cycle rules but the Diesel Truck (DT) rules are based on the Gas rules so if it's legal in Gas it's legal in Truck. For example, I can run a front air dam but no rear spoiler - pretty sure that applies to the Truck classes as well. If I wasn't feeling so lazy right now I'd open my rule book.........

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, I'll have to find my rulebook and see what it says. Or, contact the class coordinator...what a concept. LOL
      I'm still learning

Comment

Ed Whiteley and/or Jim Dunn. Page 183 in last year's book.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
          Joe, another question.

I assume that we can mini-tub and remove the inner fender wells. We certainly need to do that in the back and the front. Everything I've read has to do with retaining the "exterior" sheet metal and also states that we can't channel the frame. I'm seeing nothing pertaining to the wheel wells.
          You can modify the inner wheel wells...you need them for aero.
          Joe Timney
          President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
          Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Timney. View Post

You can modify the inner wheel wells...you need them for aero.

Elaborate??
            I'm still learning

Comment

Before you can con-struct, you must de-struct.

With a little smoke wrench help, we're getting closer to starting the building.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post

Elaborate??
                If you completely remove the inner wheel wells, you are creating a big ol' parachute by opening up airflow access to the underbody from the outboard wheel openings. Leaving the inner WW's intact, confines that airflow around the individual tire. Opening up the rear portion of the inner WW will allow airflow pressure to escape out of the individual WW's. Even using louvers or a series of small 'vents' will help. Next time you're near a creek(when it's not frozen solid) study what the water flow does around different shapes. Stir up a little mud upstream to emphasize the flow.
                AND it keep the salt from packing into places you'd rather not have it !
                Last edited by YELLA BRICK; March 1, 2015, 10:38 PM.
                http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

Thank you.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

Lots of hours today cleaning up the frame. All of the unneeded brackets are gone, still a bunch of wire brushing and grinding to do.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

Looking more better. Part of me wishes that I'd gone frame-off so I could spruce everything up as nicely as you are. That may happen over a future winter.

Dan

Comment

It's nasty work, but given what we are planning there was no way around it.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

Keep the progress up Bob. Its hard work but its gotta be done

Comment

much fun... probably not yet. Ah well. I thought the bucket was gonna be an electrolysis demonstration!
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Scrubbing, grinding, sanding, wire wheeling off 45 years of dirt, grime, grease and rust is not an enjoyable experience. And after looking at the cost of all the materials, it probably would have been better to take it to a pro sandblaster. Lesson learned. One broken whizz wheel to the stomach made me rethink the approach. Luckily I'm well padded in that location.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

Hey Bob, was I going to answer a question or look into something on this project for you?
                                Sorry if I forgot..... Just pm me on facebook if needed.
                                There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Working...
                                X