Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The F Bomb Returns To The Track

David Freiburger seeks a 8 second daily driver! NRE's Tom Nelson

Meh, I thought it was cool in 08 when it looked like it was a build that was going to get used. It jsut seems like it is a test bed for NRE and sits more than anything else...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That car belongs on street outlaws, it'll do 8s easy. F-bombageddon

Last edited by G-Motive; January 13, 2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

More marketing hype from NRE.

Comment

They'll be needing the proper t-shirt in response to farmtrucks

Comment

Can't see the whole video here, but that opening shot looks like it was filmed inside the old CarJunkieTV garage... a few years ago.

Comment

Maybe we could change that slogan to F-Bomb-Get-It-Done

Comment

Gotta be a bunch left on the table there...
                Big MPH but it leaves like a tug pulling away from the dock.
                Sixty foots in the 1.40s/1.50s are 10-11 sec cars at 700HP

Comment

After CJTV shut down, the car was at NRE for two years. All of it's teething issues seemed to be ignored as he used it to sell more engines. I can't confirm that, but that is what it seemed to me. That run in October showed DF still has some work to do. It wouldn't spool up the turbos on the line. I am happy for David for finally getting it on the road. I hope he gets it to a point to where he can commute everyday in it and take it on Power Tour and Drag Week. I wish he would do it all to shut up any naysayers out there.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_R View Post
                    Gotta be a bunch left on the table there...
                    Big MPH but it leaves like a tug pulling away from the dock.
                    Sixty foots in the 1.40s/1.50s are 10-11 sec cars at 700HP
                    did the write up say that was sbc 406? Crazy to get this much out of it.
                    the newer stuff went superhero for a reason. I am glad the f bomb exists.
                    I would stop right at the 8s..call it amazing.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      After CJTV shut down, the car was at NRE for two years. All of it's teething issues seemed to be ignored as he used it to sell more engines. I can't confirm that, but that is what it seemed to me. That run in October showed DF still has some work to do. It wouldn't spool up the turbos on the line. I am happy for David for finally getting it on the road. I hope he gets it to a point to where he can commute everyday in it and take it on Power Tour and Drag Week. I wish he would do it all to shut up any naysayers out there.
                      It will never happen, way, way to much on his plate. Add the inability to focus on one car for more than 15 minutes and it will languish as a advertising tool for the rest of its days...
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I mentioned to Keith that they should pull the engine and turbo assemblies and install the whole deal in the Hot Rod (Keith's) Camaro. Mega HP and a chassis that's certified for Bonneville. Keith called David on the spot and tried to sell the concept but no go - oh, well.........

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Pull the engine and turbo assemblies and install the whole deal in Keith's Camaro ... no go.
                          I wouldn't do that either ... just sayin' !

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Unless, of course, the naysayers are right and the motor won't stay together as a DD - at this point DF has nothing to prove and everything to lose if he DD's that car. Not only that, but that car started the trend of v8s and turbos making insane hp.... blowing it up would be blowing up history.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 14, 2015, 03:58 PM.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That engine wouldn't survive well for standing mile events IMO. I like the car a lot but... Street Outlaws?!?!?! those guys are running 4.6x in the eighth mile now. There's nowhere near enough engine, chassis, tire etc. in the Camaro.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X