No announcement yet.

We've made an update to the Forums. Start poking around! READ THIS FIRST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casper and PeeWee .... be cool and things stay cool. That is all the warning I'm giving !

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
      Casper and PeeWee .... be cool and things stay cool. That is all the warning I'm giving !

Steve........yeah, okay. I'll comply. Okay. I get it. I'm sorry, I apologize.
      Last edited by pdub; December 22, 2014, 04:24 AM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• You know what Steve? If you're there, I'll see you in Ohio in July for the half mile. I'll be there. I'd love to meet you, we'll grin and laugh. Life will be grand.

When you ban somebody and let them come back and then practically defend them, no, I'm done. It's taken a lot of years, and it's been fun. But I'm done. There's no government here. I'm pissed off and I'm done. And it should be fun. I'm not adding any value here anyhow. Bye guys! Have a good ride.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I didn't defend anybody, I'm merely trying to keep the peace ... don't take it so personally. This place is supposed to be educational, entertaining and fun. And for your information, there are quite a few members here right now, that have been banned multiple times, but have been able to return and behave (for the most part). We believe that most people deserve a second chance and that most people do have something positive to contribute. It is a shame that you are pissed, but that has more to do with how you choose to react, than it is about what I do or don't do.

Comment

• So back to forum functionality...........if I may derail back onto track?

Before the big upgrade that grenaded the forums (in my humble opinion) there was a button that was labeled "New Posts".

Apparently the system kept track of any new activity that had occurred since you had last viewed ALL the forums, and showed you ALL of it on a thread basis.

Loved it. So did Randal and several others I know of. Now I'm not bitching (well maybe just a little) but this has a point.

Since the upgrade last week the "Latest Posts" and Todays Posts" buttons (the replacements for "NewPosts") have been very limited in their results.

For example, NONE of the posts in "PROJECT CARS" since approx 12-19-14 have shown up using "Latest Posts" or "Todays Posts" for me. Those include Langleylads, SilverBuick, RebelDryvers BlackBetty, FJ4Overland, and others.

This occurs in other areas as well. This is similar to what I believe killed forum participation the last time around. It is simply too tedious combing each and every area looking to see the new activity, and if you depend on a button that returns limited results, it appears there is no activity and the audience goes elsewhere.

I hope I spelled out what I am seeing (or rather, not seeing) in a clear manner. This greatly concerns me as I want BShift to survive and grow.
            Last edited by STINEY; December 22, 2014, 08:38 AM.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Apparently the system kept track of any new activity that had occurred since you had last viewed ALL the forums, and showed you ALL of it on a thread basis.

Loved it. So did Randal and several others I know of. Now I'm not bitching (well maybe just a little) but this has a point.

Since the upgrade last week the "Latest Posts" and Todays Posts" buttons (the replacements for "NewPosts") have been very limited in their results.

For example, NONE of the posts in "PROJECT CARS" since approx 12-19-14 have shown up using "Latest Posts" or "Todays Posts" for me. Those include Langleylads, SilverBuick, RebelDryvers BlackBetty, FJ4Overland, and others.
              I've gotten use to the Activity Stream one, and Today's Posts takes out the redundant posts and just shows the last threads with activity. I to just read back until I see something familiar now. I think it was a vBulletin function loss with the upgrade, along with the little icon that showed what thread's you had previously posted in, that is currently crutched with the "My Recent Posts" link.

The new Photo link is kind of interesting.

With the exception the subscription thing, this upgrade set of changes is going quite well for me

**Side note, I've noticed if I quote somebody in my response and there is a mis-spelled word, right clicking on it gives me a cut, copy, paste menu instead of the possible correct words. Using Chrome. Just an odd nuisance(sp? ).

***Going back in to edit the post, the spell checker right click functionality works perfectly again.
              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; December 22, 2014, 08:52 AM.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Tried to post a thread Sunday of a very hilarious huge auto related Christmas decoration I made but all the pictures were too big...before I was able to post pictures right off the camera fine but did that change now? Photobucket is slow at our house and I just have other stuff to do and don't spend that much time on the computer.
                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Just tried the "Activity Stream" one........it shows promise. Thanks.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• OMG! I am actually shown as logged in the forum main page. Yay! Before, I was only logged in on the forum sections. It wouldn't let me log in on the main page. One fix for BS!
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• STINEY & Randall ... as you may appreciate, I review almost everything on a continuous basis and what helps me, is when I'm done for that particular session, I click the "Mark all Forums Read" button, so when I come back, only the threads with new posts are highlighted. Maybe that approach might help you.

Gail, apparently the new picture posting functionality allows you to choose the picture size, but I've not played with it yet. Hopefully someone can chime in here with some more detailed instructions.

Comment

STINEY & Randall ... as you may appreciate, I review almost everything on a continuous basis and what helps me, is when I'm done for that particular session, I click the "Mark all Forums Read" button, so when I come back, only the threads with new posts are highlighted. Maybe that approach might help you..

While I'm grateful for the tip, and know what the "Mark Forums Read" button is... I don't see it on this forum

Picture test!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_34922.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	609.0 KB
ID:	992916

Picture tip! Upload picture, drag picture from uploaded panel below text window to text window, double click on picture and adjust size and other parameters. Unfortunately my picture is so lopsided, I'm going to make it big.
                        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; December 22, 2014, 10:22 AM.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Don't worry about it Mark ... the ads are showing fine for everybody else !
                          You sure about that, if they don't show up for me, I'm sure they don't show up for others. I use Firefox, this is what my screen looks like. And I don't use Ad Blocker software.

Click image for larger version

Name:	noads.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	992997
                          Last edited by BigAL; December 22, 2014, 12:59 PM.
                          The Green Machine.
                          http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

• No one else has mentioned it Alex, but of course that doesn't mean it isn't happening ... and thank you for finally being helpful with details on the browser you are using and providing a screen print. What O/S and Firefox versions ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              I don't see it on this forum
                              On the Home and BangShift page, bottom of list of topics under Garages in the gray bar. Also on the drop down box of each individual board.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

While I'm grateful for the tip, and know what the "Mark Forums Read" button is... I don't see it on this forum
                                It's near the bottom of the main forum page, not on a particular forum page. Right under the "BangShift Garages" link.

Last edited by squirrel; December 22, 2014, 02:04 PM.
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X