We've made an update to the Forums. Start poking around! READ THIS FIRST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've made an update to the Forums. Start poking around! READ THIS FIRST

Okay gang, we've done an update on our operating system for the forums, that should resolve some of the issues you have been seeing around here. Here are a couple of the main ones, so read the list, try this stuff out, and then in this thread let us know if there are other things not working properly.

-Who's online has been updated so that it works better.
    -The editor is fixed so that using the Forums on your phone will work as originally intended, and be less clunky.
    -The Grey Navigation Bar up top, with Latest Posts, Today's Posts, etc is working correctly now. We may make some tweaks to it as well, so tell us if there is something else you would like added to that navigation bar, or if you want something removed. I'll take any suggestions and we'll make the changes we can if needed.
    -Attachments: Embedding and attaching photos has not worked properly for everyone, but should be fixed now. One other trick. If you double click on an image you have embedded, while writing the post, you will get a menu with different size options and orientation options. Try this out.
    -There are several other minor things, but overall the forums should run smoother than they did before.
    - Likes! They work now and there will be a list of likes on a post after people start liking it.

If you have questions, or suggestions, please put them in this thread. Please keep things constructive. Quite frankly if you just bitch about something, instead of helping us fix it, then all you are going to do is piss me off and then it's not going to be the top priority. Be sweet and you'll get everything I can give you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	autometer tach.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	990596 This photo of the tach I uploaded by clicking on the Upload Attachments button on the top right of the screen where you are building your post. It's the one to the left of the A and Smiley. Click on that button and then click Upload Attachments on the lower left under the text area, and it will upload the photo you choose from your computer and put it directly in the post. It also allows you to choose a size for that uploaded attachment.

Double clicking on the photo of the tach, while I'm writing this post, allows me to choose a size, decide if I want it on the left, right or centered, etc. You can also make the photo a link, etc. Play with it.

The photo of the truck was uploaded by clicking on the Camera icon on the top left of the screen where you are building your post. After clicking on it, a button appears on the bottom left of the text area that says Upload Photo. Click on this and choose your photos and it will create a thumbnail and allow you to put in a caption for the photo.

This was not working right before.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Thanks Chad.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I'm Mark from vBulletin Support (makers of the software), for those who have forgotten me from earlier in the year.

I'll try and assist with any questions. I'm sure not everything will be perfect, but the update I've just deployed should make things a LOT better.

One thing I forgot to mention when providing BangShiftChad with a list of improvements...you can now hover over thread titles in "Today's Posts" to get a preview.

I'm sure I'll think of other stuff, and I'm still browsing around the forum tweaking anything I notice that needs tweaking.

Comment

what do the little orange rectangles above the joined date mean? i see about ten of them. just curious. and thanx for your time guys.

Comment

Originally posted by redneckjoe69 View Post
          what do the little orange rectangles above the joined date mean? i see about ten of them. just curious. and thanx for your time guys.
          They are a representation of the number of "Likes" you have.
          they're similar to the old green "Reputation" bar from the older forum, if anyone remembers that far back.

Comment

Testing reply from phone.

Now with line breaks.

Edit: and editing too....

Comment

looks like might have fixed the issue with disappearing posts that should have been on page 2....yay!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

one feature that disappeared with the new forum months ago, is the little symbol that tells if you've read or commented on a thread. Is there a way to make it come back?
                Last edited by squirrel; December 19, 2014, 11:45 AM.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Cool!!! Time to test drive this thing!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

thank you. i thought you had to be logged in from facebook to "like" a comment. i'm learning.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      one feather that disappeared with the new forum months ago, is the little symbol that tells if you've read or commented on a thread. Is there a way to make it come back?
                      That isn't at this stage, but I believe it's now planned for 5.1.6....few months away.

In the meantime you can click your userrname at the top of the page and select "My Recent Posts" from the dropdown...it's not quite the same, but it's like a "Today's Posts" that only shows threads you've posted in.

I had that added a little while ago as a work around for the issue.

Comment

wow, all of the fancy text editing options. I like how it shows who liked a comment.
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

On at least my screen, the icon's for the text editing are graphically goofed up. Like the "bold" "italics" and "underline" etc.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'd like it better if there was an UNLIKE for Negative Numbers! HA!

Last edited by Beagle; December 19, 2014, 11:14 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              On at least my screen, the icon's for the text editing are graphically goofed up. Like the "bold" "italics" and "underline" etc.
                              Might need to clear your broswer cache and restart the browser.

If it's still doing it, would you mind getting me a screenshot?

Comment

Working...
                              X