BANZAI RUNNERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BANZAI RUNNERS

Anybody remember when these were the rage back in the 70-early80's? .. Point A-B as fast as possible without getting busted or wrecked... Usually a good distance..

Sounds like the road trips I used to take.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

KC,KS to Lou,KY, 1988, 550+/- miles, 6.5 hours, company car.

SD,CA airport to Lou,KY, 1993, lots of miles, 45 hours, my car, suppose to be vacation trip.

I remember hearing stories about cross-country races but never seen anything "official" about them.
      Last edited by 68scott385; December 18, 2014, 10:31 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I only did that in maine. Those highways today are 75 legal.
        fastest east of missiisisiiisppi river

portland to milo maine, 1hour 15.

that same highway I did 160s , late at night, strange warm autumn... like an oxygen bomb for the engines.
        there is a curve, several miles long... I was going so fast it felt sharp.
        this curve is so long, if I identified, you would not fathom it being sharp at 75.

maine is still that slow today. Nothing out there sometimes.
        I stay as slow as maine...
        Stamina wins.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 18, 2014, 11:08 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Did an hour and half trip in 35 min on my 850 Yamaha.. Speedo was buried the whole time! Would be jailed and impounded now.

Comment

Memphis to Knoxville, 373 miles +/-, 4 hours 15 minutes or so, including stopping for gas.

Memphis to Miami, 1100 miles (went the long way), a little over 14 hours

Memphis to Tucson, 1500 miles, 26 hours.

I was the only one driving during all of them.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Wichita, KS to Charleston, SC.....23 hours 15 minutes, in a VW bus, . My feet are still vibrating, and that was in 1977.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There was a really bad movie called, Banzai Runners made in the '80s.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Moline, Ill to Indy 300 miles 3 hours flat... don't wanna try that again!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Medford Or. to Newport Beach Ca. 754 miles in a tick over 10 hours in a rented Ford Ranger pickup, stopped once in Stockton for gas. I could have done better if the speed limiter hadn't been set at 95. The other was an '88 Freightliner 120 and a '48 trailer, Albaquerque N.M. to Fontana Ca. non-stop, I can't remember how long it took.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Dad had a camograph chart where he drove 28 hours nonstop before they cracked down..Loaded over the road truck

Comment

Working...
                      X