Joyriding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyriding

I took the liberty to get off of work early today. Surprised Unit when I got home. As soon as I got home, she said she wanted a ride in Red. Before the weekend got underway. Let's ride NOW, it's a beautiful day.

Down the roads we went. We've got some amazing scenic country roads right here close to the house.

90 mph on a long straightaway, coulda done 130. That's STUPID isn't it? Yes it is. Boy, we sure had fun. Unit loves to ride in Red. Drove like hell right up to the back of a Sherriff's car....an SUV, didn't recognize it until we got close enough to read the letters on the back. Oh....scuse me ossifer....allow me to back off and act like an adult.....

Joyriding.
    Last edited by pdub; October 24, 2014, 03:18 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

The simple pleasures....
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Juvenile delinquint.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Juvenile delinquint.
        Adolescent. Not Juvenile. Big difference. Lots of years.

Comment

You need to add smokey burnouts to you adventure.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I prefer Appalachian American or Middle Aged adolescent... Keep the hamner down Pdub!
            Last edited by silver_bullet; October 24, 2014, 04:23 PM.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
              You need to add smokey burnouts to you adventure.
              Can't do it. Those Continental 10s stick too good. And they're too hard of a compound. And they stick too good. Try as I might, they spin about a half a round and "squeak" and the car just GOES. Can't do a burnout with no line lock.

I've still got the 50 dollars-per-set-of-four Japanese Chinese Korean throwaway tires under the house, still wishing for a set of steelies for the back of Red.......video time. Burn 'em off. 18 x 8 steelies, need two of em to have a great time of it for a few seconds or a minute.

Comment

The joys of living in rural areas. When I was younger I drove like there were no laws as long as I couldn't see ANY other vehicles. Took county highways and backroads whenever possible. One of my favorite runs was a highway set up mainly along farm property lines. Straights and gently banked 90 degree turns. Braking as late as I could dare. By the time I hit the stop sign at the end I would have to brake a little early because the rotors were so hot they faded and pushed out a cloud of asbestos smoke. Damn shame the 75 Monzas had carryover Vega disks. Sticky, but no capacity.

I could never understand guys that took their street cars to the strip and couldn't launch or had tuning problems. Every stop sign I drove away from on an empty highway I'd mentally guess 1320 feet and see how high I could trap.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I love the curves and drive as many back roads as I can. Living in a metropolitan area sucks in that aspect because even back roads are overpopulated. The only way to really have any fun is go out after midnight.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I don't much want to do curves anymore. It's sure fun in a controlled environment, but I can't forget my buddy that got killed hitting a tree on a straightaway on US11 real close to here.

Yeah, nobody's coming, clear view, punch it. There's fun to be had on country roads. In certain spots. Not everywhere.

Comment

That's why good brakes come in handy, cooking too hot thru corners! . Around here, night hard charging is not a good idea because of these 4 legged RATS fools call DEER! I love hard running, straights or curves.. Bad problem is blue lighted cars!

Comment

And they're too hard of a compound.
                        No, P - they have a soft compound. THAT'S why they work so good. Hard doesn't grip.
                        Last edited by studemax; October 24, 2014, 06:06 PM.
                        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Did you keep your clothes on?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Around here, night hard charging is not a good idea because of these 4 legged RATS fools call DEER! I love hard running, straights or curves.. Bad problem is blue lighted cars!

My major problem is a lighted blue car.

And them stupid deer are nearly in season here too. Maybe they are IDK. Never learned to hunt. At least I know meat doesn't "come" from the grocery store.

I prefer to keep it in my lane regardless of the twistys. There are too many NASCAR wanna-bes around here that think you HAVE to cut every corner tight to the inside.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

No corner cutting here! Did that with a co-worker, going oposite directions.. I was deep in his, he in mine, only luck saved us!

Comment

Working...
                              X