No announcement yet.

Great Instrumentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted, its an hour long. Don't feel like listening to "weird" right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      I guess the burden of posting irrelevant music videos has fallen on my shoulders. I just heard this for the first time so it is very likely that will happen for many others too. It just made me think of PW.
      OMG I've created a monster. But I always seem to do that.

That's not an instrumental, disqualified.

But I'd never heard that before. And I just have to love the 3rd or 4th verse from the last one. There should be a license procedure for buying a musical instrument...."what are you going to do with this?" Rap. BANG!!!!!!!! A bullet. Next?

One of my great friends in South Carolina, he can barely play the radio. And One of SRV's videos, where he was smashing the guitar around, man that really pissed him OFF. It did, for real...."Why would you DO that to a music instrument?" He was blowing snot and veins sticking out and stuff.

Yeah, that song's on target. I "get " it, and that's a great song. But it's not an instrumental. Disqualified. As much as I love it.
      Last edited by pdub; September 20, 2014, 04:21 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thought I'd chime in.... there are so very many instrumental tunes that inspire and move me.
        But lately.... it's this guy - Johnny A.

His version of "Wichita Lineman" will make you weep...
        A great instrumental version of the Jimmy Webb song made famous by Glen Campbell.

And his version of the worldwide hit "Walk Don't Run"...
        A great instrumental version of the Jimmy Webb song made famous by Glen Campbell.

He has a GREAT touch.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
          Ted, its an hour long. Don't feel like listening to "weird" right now.
          That's the whole album, but I gotcha. Give it a listen sometime if you got the notion. Pretty cool.

How bout some Glenn Miller?

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Les Paul, Sleepwalk?

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              Thought I'd chime in.... there are so very many instrumental tunes that inspire and move me.
              But lately.... it's this guy - Johnny A.

His version of "Wichita Lineman" will make you weep...

And his version of the worldwide hit "Walk Don't Run"...

He has a GREAT touch.
              If I could play like that.....well, I can't play like that. I can't dunk a basketball either.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

And I'll always maintain that SRV was better on drugs, as much as I hate to say that. On this thread above, the word "forced" was used. Yeah, that's it. SRV cleaned up, "forced" is the right word. There was a difference. Maybe not discernable by all of the audience, but I picked up on it for sure. Big difference.
                I have to strenuously disagree. I saw him several times before and after and he was faster, more innovative, and more coherent after he got straight. Also better in tune. He did, however, get more confident and was willing to let others, especially Reese, take the lead sometimes. It's interesting that some took this as him being "lazy" or "not as into it" but that really wasn't the case at all. He just got to where he didn't have to be the only star on stage all the time and the rest of the band was amazing, too.

I still love you but we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I still love you but we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

Dan
                  I love you too Dan, and so we do (disagree). No real answer to the issue anyhow.

Comment

I have to strenuously disagree.
                    Saw Stevie Ray right after he left the David Bowie tour... he was playing at the NAMM show in Chicago, and he was just godawful! About 5 tunes in, the place had emptied out, and we were getting free food and drinks! He sucked that bad - ran everyone off.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Saw Stevie Ray right after he left the David Bowie tour... he was playing at the NAMM show in Chicago, and he was just godawful! About 5 tunes in, the place had emptied out, and we were getting free food and drinks! He sucked that bad - ran everyone off.
                      So what's that timeframe? On drugs or not?

Comment

So what's that timeframe? On drugs or not?
                        Oh, come on. Bowie? Sex, drugs, booze - very little rock'n'roll.

Comment

Wipe Out! - The Surfaris - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M
                          Sleep Walk - Johnny and Santo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01twsYcBYIY
                          Becks Bolero - Jeff Beck - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuj5toLeyY8
                          Green Onions - Booker T - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpS-cOBK6Q
                          Last edited by hotrodfords; September 25, 2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodfords View Post
                            Wipe Out! - The Surfaris - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M
                            Sleep Walk - Johnny and Santo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01twsYcBYIY
                            Becks Bolero - Jeff Beck - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuj5toLeyY8
                            Green Onions - Booker T - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpS-cOBK6Q
                            That lineup right there, that's .....yeaah. Green Onions? yeah Ohhhhh yeah.

Comment

I tried to do an instrumental one time, It wasn't all that great. Yep, it's me, playing every instrument. I can't believe I'm posting this......other than to make fun of myself. But it was fun to do. The hard part of "playing by yourself" is that once you lay that first line down....if it's guitar or whatever...you're forced to follow whatever timing mistakes you made on the first line.

It's harder than autocross, playing by yourself.

Comment

mmmm..... SRV instrumental..... My favorite.

Lenny.

Enjoy.

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                                X