Great Instrumentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Instrumentals

Unit said she needed some help relaxing today. Her hearing aids are messing up, she got tired of that, took them out. She turned on the "Great Instrumentals" channel on her TV and has it cranked up real loud. It's working, she's more relaxed. Great instrumental songs resonating through the house.

It's Direct TV. The Great Instrumentals channel. What they didn't name it is "Elevator Music." But there are some great songs on there. Tears In Heaven. Nat King Cole stuff. Lots of flute stuff. Yes, It's very relaxing.

It makes me realize, I don't know the first thing at all about how to play music, not real music. Never learned. Never took the first lesson and never learned from what I even learned by experimenting with it. I've never made up a song that had a bridge in it. Lots of three-chord songs with no bridge.

Music is a joy, listening to it, but playing it is even better. Even playing it poorly. Maybe even ESPECIALLY playing it poorly, that may be even more fun. Lemme see....where was I going with this.....my oxcart of thought tipped over.....oh I know....elevator music. That's music, too.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

same as "world" music.

There was this song by moby, some woman as if to sing a lone gospel called "memory".
    I heard the end at the beginning and added a 16bit xylophone.

just like that... elevator/world music.

I named it "spwolf", and forget every time why.

we had this golden lab, it swam with the ducks. it was that lovable. every other creature knew it.
    its only mate was a feisty tempered chow dog. they made many colored offspring.

during that theiving chows mating heat out here in the woods, it took off for a time.

when the pups were born, there was a red one, a big brown lion looking one, and the little wolf we called tiller, or tilly.

the extremes for such a mating, the wolf was the most gentle, and the most feared by every other animal.

the end in the beginning.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 19, 2014, 08:28 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
      you said FLUTE...

please forgive my ghostly actions....
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

please forgive my ghostly actions....
        Not nearly Scott.

Ian Anderson was a trend setter. Before you knew it, one of the great Southern Bands, Marshall Tucker, they had a song on the radio with a flute right after that, trying to catch up.

Watching that video....that was a "when." Can you imagine Ian Anderson now (well, THEN) with tattoos down to his wrists, playing a flute? No, that just wouldn't work these days. But it sure worked then, for a minute, and then it wore off.

Comment

Not nearly what? Forgiven or ghostly?

Comment

Not nearly what? Forgiven or ghostly?
            Not nearly ghostly. my bad, sorry man. Carry on.

Comment

You had me worried...I was watching for the ban hammer already....

Comment

You had me worried...I was watching for the ban hammer already....
                Hell, can you imagine how hard it is to get ban hammered from here? You have to really TRY to get ban hammered. It's happened, but it's mighty rare.

I'm sorry Scott, words on a screen typed wrong. I don't have the ban hammer anyhow! I spend so much time on BS and have changed my mind so many times about it, I've TRIED to get ban hammered. But I'm glad that didn't work. One time I even quit, I did for quite a while, but ....that didn't work either. Just can't stay away.

It's the people. The real people in person and the cars....the whole scene.

Comment

I know you've said you were trying to get banned but you haven't done anything to get banned that I have seen. I have seen at least three get banned and one of those was for the second time since I've been here. I know what it takes, at least I think I do, to get banned from here. It's pretty much the same thing that will get one ostracized from any civilized society.

The open diversity is what makes this place so great, imo.

Comment

I know you've said you were trying to get banned but you haven't done anything to get banned that I have seen. I have seen at least three get banned and one of those was for the second time since I've been here. I know what it takes, at least I think I do, to get banned from here. It's pretty much the same thing that will get one ostracized from any civilized society.

The open diversity is what makes this place so great, imo.
                    There it is, BS Brother.

If I can survive here, any even remotely civilized person can. I'm not even a hotrodder. Wish I was, but even I can survive here. Hopefully I add some screwball flavor. I haven't been stopped yet, at least. If/when I DO ever get stopped, I can't imagine what else I would do. Something, I reckon, but I can't imagine what.

Comment

You're like the proverbial little brother.

If we were bikers you'd be a hang-around or pledge.

Comment

I'll take that. As long as I can stay.

Comment

Ya know what Scott? It's a good thing, it's good, it's really good you got me thinking. We were all ganged up in Mike Copeland's shop in Michigan, I think maybe 3 years ago. All piled up for a mighty big BangShift party that I pretty much caused and for sure helped to finance. I've often been insecure with my role on BangShift.

It was Neal. Neal Sabo. He came and sat down on a cooler right beside me. He looked me square in the eyes and asked, "SO...NOW do you think you fit in?" With the big gathering going on. That was pretty big. That's just another example of how BSers care for one another. He was concerned enough to make sure I felt like I fit in. And in that setting, that blew me away. Of course I fit in.

Maybe I'm the odd piece, but yeah, I fit in. Sometimes I forget that I do.

Comment

I had an opportunity to go to see Ian Anderson last year in concert. After watching some of the newer concert footage, I decided I prefer him the way I know and love his music - the way his voice used to be. His newer stuff sounds forced or something...

Instrumentals... Metallica has some amazing instrumentals. The songs tell a story without the need of lyrics. Tempo changes, bridges, tricky harmonies, crescendos, de-crescendos - every aspect of "music" you can think of.

Comment

I saw Stevie Ray 7 times in concert. Talk about "instrumentals"!!! But the greatest one I saw was, to the best of my knowledge, never recorded (I keep hoping it'll turn up). He was doing a typical (for him) 3 chord blues (maybe "Texas Flood" or one like that) and they got to the instrumental section. He proceeded to play one of his amazing solos, BUT PLAYED IT ALL IN CHORDS!! It was the most amazing thing I ever saw/heard. That old SRV guitar was crying, singing, and laughing all at the same time. This was at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor, MI - not a really big venue so you felt like you were in communion with him. Incredible night.

Hope Sue Unit is feeling mellower - give her a hug and get one for yourself (as ME's Dad used to say).

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X