slow server? something is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow server? something is broken

something is broken, it's taking a long time to load pages...maybe time for some more server power? to handle the load? because the content lately has been great! but it takes forever to see it
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Definitely been doing something on the server starting yesterday around mid-afternoon. Grinding hard.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Like my car was on DW! Slow and sluggish!
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I keep geting the 502 gateway error...It certainly takes its sweet time loading
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

same here.

I do have some simple gov sites to log into, very slow, and even turned away.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Looks like some kind of denial of service attack on the server or some other server on a nearby node. Nobody does them forever, just need to wait it out.
            Last edited by RockJustRock; September 19, 2014, 02:49 PM.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

probably speedy getting his revenge
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Things are gradually getting better here.

Comment

Brian and Chad are off to bigger and better things it seems. I don't even recall the last time Brian was on here, and Chad only replied 'cause of the call out on the "mule" thing. Oh well, all good things come to an end.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Chad's been busy building a world record setting car, Brian's been running around everywhere doing lots of gigs, and both of them have been putting up some cool as hell content on the main page. I'll forgive them for not hanging out here for a bit.

I thought the lag was on my end, it was taking forever to load. Now it's back up to normal speed. Wonder what the hell happened?
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Servers all better now. Stuff like the live streams and Chad's excellent engine build article may not be as warm and fuzzy as sparing words with them here but waaay better than anything you'd get from a magazine, cheaper and they'll never turn brown or smell musty. Chad and Brian will never forget the forums, now that Remy Z guy......
                      Last edited by RockJustRock; September 19, 2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

2014is the Lost YEAR

Comment

It took me 12 hours to get on this damn place.
                          Currently 8PM, Central Daylight Time.
                          Every damn weekend when the honchos are gone - it's #### with BangShift time.
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I must be living right, 'cause I'm not having any problems other than having to log in each time on my laptop...........welcome back, Jim, been awhile!!
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

it's working better now...let's hope it stays that way
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X