No announcement yet.

Evil drag week thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard this rumble, like a 4 engine bomber of ww2 taxi down..

ten four wheelers on the street. ATVs.. loud pipes.

public gatherings, and known ahead... anybody should be able to do anything... parade like laws or something.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post

who is David Frost?

David Frost was an English news reporter who interviewed Nixon a few years after he resigned and got him to admit that he was actually involved in Watergate.

I think they were talking about Andy Frost, the English guy who claims to have the fastest street car in the world.
      Last edited by Scott Liggett; August 31, 2014, 08:21 PM.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

DW was in PA in 2010. Did not hear anyone get an on the spot inspection.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Please explain to me why any auto enthusiast would cheer for the DOT to inspect and impound Drag Week cars?

This sounds to me like what you would hear from a person or government entity wanting no modifications allowed from stock period!

Be very careful what you wish for-all you have to do is look at the unintended consequences we see every day from decisions made by our out of control government. Not intended to be political, just the best example I could think of.

Comment

I went in 2010.No problems that I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Guess I best delete my political reply....
              Nobody has overstepped the boundaries so far ...

Comment

Originally posted by OldMachinist View Post
                Please explain to me why any auto enthusiast would cheer for the DOT to inspect and impound Drag Week cars?

This sounds to me like what you would hear from a person or government entity wanting no modifications allowed from stock period!

Be very careful what you wish for-all you have to do is look at the unintended consequences we see every day from decisions made by our out of control government. Not intended to be political, just the best example I could think of.

let me use small words

A street car is one that won't get impounded by the police in any of the 50 states.

Drag week claims to find the fastest street car in America, not in the midwest, not on the east coast, not on the west coast

America... you know, that place where we all get along because we all follow the same rules?

*cynic off*

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

lawyerman stirin' the shit pot.....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

America is a big place, and it's not homogenous. Cars generally will only be impounded where they are....not in states where they are not.

All of the 50 states are in America. If a car is in any of the 50 states, then it's in America. It doesn't have to be in all 50 states to be in America.

Anyways...get something running quick, and enter it in DW, and maybe we'll think your input on the subject is important
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Oh damn, Squirrel just called you out lawyerman...a big ol' white glove across the face...whacha gonna do? huh? huh? whacha gonna do?
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Maybe he is looking for work?

Don't recall any impounds in the history of Dragweek. I just cannot understand anyone wishing for someone to get their car impounded. These cars obviously have been registered and licensed for their location. Why can't you leave it at that?

Is that diesel Land Rover engine EPA certified for this country since it was never sold here?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

let me use small words

A street car is one that won't get impounded by the police in any of the 50 states.

I honestly don't even know what to say to this and I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply. Come on dude, you can do better than that.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

So my truck i've put 120k miles on and drove everyday that couldn't pass anything in Cali isn't a "street truck"?

Are you saying all cars should be SMOG legal? cant be?
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

My stuff is all smog legal....even though they don't get inspected where I live. It's easy when they're old. Really old. There aren't any smog laws for them.
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Would it only be breaking EPA law if they were driving on Federally funded highways? On state highways, do only state smog laws apply?

Think you're going to be able to find a clear-cut single answer to what's legal and what isn't legal in older vehicles by looking up Federal EPA law? Good luck with that! Even just their website is hard to follow. Some of it is guidelines, some are standards, some are laws. http://www2.epa.gov/regulatory-infor.../air#transport

Now throw in the 50 states and you have 50 more sets of laws, standards and guidelines to sift through. And in each one of THOSE states, each county might have yet another opinion on what is legal and what isn't. http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?cont...sions&g=semaga

I did find this interesting though, the applicable part of Federal law:

3)(A) for any person to remove or render inoperative any
                                device or element of design installed on or in a motor
                                vehicle or motor vehicle engine in compliance with regula-
                                tions under this title prior to its sale and delivery to the
                                ultimate purchaser, or for any person knowingly to remove or
                                render inoperative any such device or element of design
                                after such sale and delivery to the ultimate purchaser; or
                                (B) for any person to manufacture or sell, or offer to
                                sell, or install, any part or component intended for use
                                with, or as part of, any motor vehicle or motor vehicle
                                engine, where a principal effect of the part or component is
                                to bypass, defeat, or render inoperative any device or
                                element of design installed on or in a motor vehicle or
                                motor vehicle engine in compliance with regulations under
                                this title, and where the person knows or should know that
                                such part or component is being offered for sale or
                                installed for such use or put to such use;

Notice that key words such as "operate" or "drive" are missing. It is only illegal to physically remove the equipment. Driving a car with the removed equipment? That's ok!
                                1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                                1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Working...
                                X