No announcement yet.

Who has the nerve to tell Gail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a little girl in the store a little while ago, wearing a Hello Kitty shirt..........I didn't tell her. It would have crushed her, I'm sure. What a cruel turn of events. ~~Perhaps this is simply a cruel joke to repay us for what has gone before.............Hello Kitty White will always live in the hearts and minds of those who love her, just for the kitty that she surely must be.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      I saw a little girl in the store a little while ago, wearing a Hello Kitty shirt..........I didn't tell her. It would have crushed her, I'm sure. What a cruel turn of events. ~~Perhaps this is simply a cruel joke to repay us for what has gone before.............Hello Kitty White will always live in the hearts and minds of those who love her, just for the kitty that she surely must be.
      As all of this is soaking in to me, I'm starting to have repercussive thoughts. I mean....this life....MY life, is it REAL? What if it's just a dream I'm living, a real long dream thought up by some graphics artist somewhere, on earth, and I'm only a puppet, playing it out. It's like deer meat, it only gets bigger as you chew it. This is just plumb awful. I hate you, Hello Kitty. You suck.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I've always known Japanese pop culture was a little "off", but this one takes the cake.
        Next thing you know Godzilla will be revealed to be Gordon Ramsey in a green rubber suit.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          I've always known Japanese pop culture was a little "off", but this one takes the cake.
          Next thing you know Godzilla will be revealed to be Gordon Ramsey in a green rubber suit.
          Artists are on a different frequency, and that's to include hardcore musicians. Just because we can't understand you at all, and you have no concept of what time to be there, that doesn't mean you're an artist. It might mean you're real messed up. And artistry might be a side effect. because you were real messed up to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
            Don't ruin Godzilla for me!!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ok. I did see this jab at my Hello Kitty obsession on Friday but Friday is a busy day, I needed to produce four days worth of on-air logs for the station and just couldn't address this attack on my Hello Kitty and actually do my job without taking the station to black several times over the Holiday weekend.
              That being said. Art like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I believe Hello Kitty is a cat. While I like cats I am not a freaky cat lover and was at a bit of a loss to explain my interest and affection for this cartoon. After thinking about it over the next day or so I have decided what I really like about it is it never shows any emotion, never happy, never sad, never angry...it is always the same.
              Once a story teller begins to assign emotions to a cartoon there is so much more going on with it. I like that it just sits there.
              As far as Sanrio or media making a big deal out of it being a little girl that is just stupid. Fog Horn Leghorn the bigmouth southern rooster is obviously modeled with human characteristics, Porky Pig, Whiley Coyote all of them. You cannot create a cartoon character and not model it after humans, the stories would have nothing to relate to.
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Tell ya the truth, I ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER in all my born days saw/seen human/humanoid's ears that far up on their skull.. Pondering it.. I will believe what I always did.. It is a CAT! end of story! ... Gail, you are right about caracters!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                  Ok. I did see this jab at my Hello Kitty obsession on Friday but Friday is a busy day, I needed to produce four days worth of on-air logs for the station and just couldn't address this attack on my Hello Kitty and actually do my job without taking the station to black several times over the Holiday weekend.
                  That being said. Art like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I believe Hello Kitty is a cat. While I like cats I am not a freaky cat lover and was at a bit of a loss to explain my interest and affection for this cartoon. After thinking about it over the next day or so I have decided what I really like about it is it never shows any emotion, never happy, never sad, never angry...it is always the same.
                  Once a story teller begins to assign emotions to a cartoon there is so much more going on with it. I like that it just sits there.
                  As far as Sanrio or media making a big deal out of it being a little girl that is just stupid. Fog Horn Leghorn the bigmouth southern rooster is obviously modeled with human characteristics, Porky Pig, Whiley Coyote all of them. You cannot create a cartoon character and not model it after humans, the stories would have nothing to relate to.

let me see if I can rephrase this and keep its meaning....

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME BELIEVE IT'S NOT A KITTY, AND YOU'RE A POOPOO HEAD FOR SAYING IT'S NOT!!!!!!"
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You know Tweetie Bird had to be painted yellow instead of flesh (human flesh) colored because one of the cats said "There goes the naked genius"

then again, there's the alleged Betty Boop cels where one per film she's supposed to be sans attire.

Urban legend... the cat is still a cat.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Old navy man had Betty Boop on his forearm, he could make a fist and her hips would wiggle!

Comment

Quite a few of the Japanese Anime (cartoons to us old folks) have female characters that have "cat like ears"
                        I always wondered about that.
                        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                          ....obviously modeled with human characteristics, Porky Pig, Whiley Coyote all of them. You cannot create a cartoon character and not model it after humans, the stories would have nothing to relate to.
                          Et tu Gail, "they" may have human characteristics, but they are far from human. Before I ever saw the written piece below, I always wondered why THIS was never written into the plot of Road Runner. It could have actually been made funny, the next morph of the ongoing saga:

Last edited by pdub; September 4, 2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

What bothers me the most is that this is "breaking news"?
                            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                            X