No announcement yet.

Songs You Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this thread should just die. Half of the shit on it just got played by the "Classic Rock" station. Clear Channel has almost the whole dial here on FM and man do they NOT sway from the formula. You can set your car's clock in the morning to "American Woman" on the way to work.

I wasn't even paying attention to it - rarely do when I have the radio on. It's just there for noise to keep my a.d.d. under control... but now I'm paying attention to it and keep this in mind you sorry bastiches, I will get even with you! lmao.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I got a few more...Baby I Love Your Way..because thats the ONLY song Frampton ever made...Livin' on a Prayer, Levon, Dancing Queen, Summer of 69...I whish I had multiple batteries for my phone I would play Pandora all day...and even that gets crappy with the song rotation...And for the love of Pete why in the hell do I have to sit thru another Rolling Stones song on my MF-ing Pantera station?
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        I think this thread should just die. Half of the shit on it just got played by the "Classic Rock" station. Clear Channel has almost the whole dial here on FM and man do they NOT sway from the formula. You can set your car's clock in the morning to "American Woman" on the way to work.

I wasn't even paying attention to it - rarely do when I have the radio on. It's just there for noise to keep my a.d.d. under control... but now I'm paying attention to it and keep this in mind you sorry bastiches, I will get even with you! lmao.

We must be stuck in different rooms of the same hell.

Clear Channel has two competing classic rocks stations here. As if it isn't bad enough that this city is musically stagnant anyway, one station plays an over-abundance of Bob Segar, Tom Petty, and The Eagles while the other station wears out AC/DC, The Stones, and Led Zeppelin. What I find the most frustrating is that Clear Channel seems to have forgotten that ALL these artists have several songs but they (Clear Channel) must have only heard one or two from each because that is all they play.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Easy. Maggie by Rod Stewart.
          Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Anything by Boy George.

Hearing him sing makes me want to beat things to a pulp with a baseball bat...especially that lame song with the line "do you really want to hurt me...do you want to make me cry" 'cause yes, I do really want to hurt you and make you cry.
            Last edited by hotrodfords; August 14, 2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              Let It be, Yellow Submarine, Imagine, Fool on the Hill,
              Yellow Dumb Marine?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Yellow Dumb Marine?
                What's funny Bob is that my warped mind always switches that to "Yellow Soup Tureen". And my ears are supposed to work more or less OK (though I do now have a "good ear" and a "bad ear" - old age is Hell).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

We must be stuck in different rooms of the same hell.

Clear Channel has two competing classic rocks stations here. As if it isn't bad enough that this city is musically stagnant anyway, one station plays an over-abundance of Bob Segar, Tom Petty, and The Eagles while the other station wears out AC/DC, The Stones, and Led Zeppelin. What I find the most frustrating is that Clear Channel seems to have forgotten that ALL these artists have several songs but they (Clear Channel) must have only heard one or two from each because that is all they play.

Program directing by committee.

We have a couple great stations out here. One, 107.7 The Island (though they have imagination in names) plays anything and everything from 70's to present. No constant repeats. 89.9 sticks to mostly '70's to '90's. They replay American Top 40 shows from the '70's and '80's on the weekends. The local country station has less than 100 songs in their entire play list. They have that on at work. I swear I hear "Parking Lot Party" three times a day and it sucked the first time I heard it.
                  Last edited by Scott Liggett; August 15, 2014, 08:49 AM.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This thread reminds me that Bro. Dave had a buddy in OK in the early 80's who was a DJ and he said that if DJs really hated a song they'd play it once an hour or so until the station got bombarded by angry listeners demanding that the song was taken off the play list. It usually didn't take very long. Then the DJs could get back to playing stuff they liked. So I'm guessing that some of the songs mentioned were killed on purpose. Of course, this was before play lists were bought from programming services and the DJs had actual control over what song came up next.

Anyone else get furious when DJs talk over the intros to songs? I can't imagine what they think they have to say that is more interesting that a Stevie Ray intro.

Dan

Comment

It's bad enough when they talk over the intro but it's worse when they cut it off before it completely finishes. Fly Like An Eagle by Steve Miller, they never let it fade out.
                      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Clear Channel has killed radio stations. DJ's are nothing anymore. I've not found a DJ who is entertaining in many, many years and the ones that talk over music intors suck but the ones that fade out early or talk over the end of a song are a special kind of suck. Also, I read that a radio station can play the same "top" song 85 times a week between 6am to 6pm.
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Talking over the intro is a long standing tradition of skill for DJs. They call it "hitting the post". The idea is to deliver complete rational statements that end JUST as the singing starts. Kind of the DJ entertaining rather than the music itself. Of course now with computers it is reprogrammed automatically.

Clear Channel is a bit of a quandary right now. Yes, what they've done with some trite overused formats is horrible, but they try to redeem themselves on the internet. Their website "Iheartradio.com" allows you to wade through the crap they produce to listen to the few decent stations they have from anywhere in the U.S. Try WJRR 101.1 from Orlando, the first place I heard Mudvayne on the radio. In addition there are also some stations custom programmed, commercial-free for the internet and unoccupied HDFM channels. One of these is called "Rock Nation". Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and Sixx AM has a nightly show on it.

It's just too bad you can't take the interweb with you in your car.

Does anyone else have a kick-ass FM station in their town? If so we can all listen in if it is a Clear Channel one.

P.S. Don't race announcers have little tricks they like to do to make their announcing fit the racing better, Brian? Chad?
                          Last edited by RockJustRock; August 15, 2014, 09:55 AM.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            The local country station has less than 100 songs in their entire play list. They have that on at work. I swear I hear "Parking Lot Party" three times a day and it sucked the first time I heard it.
                            I know EXACTLY what you mean! lol. Though occasionally our (country) radio station will suffer an identity crisis and start playing music of all kinds. Friday and Saturday evenings they go to classic rock, that is consistent, but occasionally they'll just start up a sequence that'll have Adele, Alanis Morsette(sp?), Metallica, and just randomness in the theme.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Anything by Air Supply

Comment

Wow! You guys are really nailing home how little I know.... I knew I didn't know diddly but now I find I don't know diddly squat

Comment

Working...
                                X