Songs You Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs You Hate

We often discuss songs we love, drive fast to and so on but rarely has the topic ever come up about songs that just plain suck....I though about this earlier when Caly Simon's "You're So Vain" came on the light rock station I listen to in the office. I dont have words in my vocabulary to fully explain how deeply I hate that song...When it comes on I turn off the radio...So...what song do you hate?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Crocodile Rock - bleh.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Crocodile Rock......Oh, yes Sir, that is a good one.. among the top 20 of least favorite songs ever....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This. This song right here. Like fingernails on a chalkboard, I can't stand it. Never really liked the song but didn't hate it, until it became associated with something. Now I'd rather chew glass than listen to it ever again.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Werewolves of London

Comment

Come on Eileen. I too dislike "You're So Vain".
            Last edited by TheSilverBuick; August 13, 2014, 02:35 PM.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I hate music in general & I'm fairly certain it shows.

Comment

Mumford and Sons, Little Lion Man. The song that bought radio listeners and their children the softer side of the F-word, every forty minutes for years and continues to do so while people continue to eat it up. I will literally turn off the radio when I hear that song...I was patient for maybe, what...the first twenty-thousand excruciating horrible wrist-slittin' times I had to hear it play but no more. Hey, you asked...

Comment

Anything by Led Zeppelin. Played too much of it in bands, and the radio stations play it too much.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Take On Me - Ah Ha. I won't even post the youtube link 'cause then I'd have to hear it.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                      Take On Me - Ah Ha. I won't even post the youtube link 'cause then I'd have to hear it.
                      I agree with that one.

aside from everything casper posts...
                      I do not like this one, because it was stuck in my head for at least 6 months. singing in random, public places, bathrooms.... microphone to the pilot,. it was everywhere.

Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The first song to pop into my head when I read the title of the thread was, in fact, You're So Vain by Carly Simon.

Running a close second is: Isn't It Ironic? by Alanis Morissette Why do I hate that song? Because there is nothing "Ironic" about anything she sings about in the lyrics. Lots of the things she mentions do sort of suck or may be disappointing, but they aren't ironic. A friend says to me, what about the plane crash guy? Nope. If he had been a flight safety advocate or instructor killed in a plane crash, THAT would have been ironic... I could go on.

Ironically (heh), I think the reason I dislike "you're so vain" is because she is addressing the person who the song was written about, saying "you probably think this song is about you"... Now that's ironic, don't ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

aside from everything casper posts...
                          Good or bad it's all about exposure. The funny part is I don't particularly wan't to be known.... I'm supposed to be retired.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                            Anything by Led Zeppelin. Played too much of it in bands, and the radio stations play it too much.
                            Stude, one of my running buddies, actually a real friend though I haven't talked with him in years, he was a drummer. He said he played more Led Zeppelin than Led Zeppelin ever did, including the time that Led Zeppelin spent writing, developing and rehearsing and recording songs. He was slam sick of it.

But my vote would be anything Grateful Dead.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

One I hated was that "Happy" song by Pharrel Williams. I heard it the first time on a job toward the end of the day when I was hot, tired, hungry and irritable. I wanted to kick the radio.
                              I just listened to it and watched the video - I gotta say its not so bad when I'm in a good mood.

Comment

Working...
                              X