I Outlived My Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    I sent you my #, let me know when you need help.
    Got it, thanks Neal! I'll dig into it this weekend. If you were sitting right here, we (you) could probably fix it in a jiffy.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

If i was there, we would be having a few beers..
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
        If i was there, we would be having a few beers..
        And fixin' something too. At the same time. Multi-tasking.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

I bought FrontPage at the store and figured it out and got a web hosting service and the rest is history. The folks at the web hosting place were mighty patient. On the phone. They must have been saying to each other how much of a dimwit I was, me trying to upload the first things. After that, life was grand. Easy.
          I'm always pleasantly surprised by how far some tech support folks will go to help you if you aren't an A-hole to them.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

I'm always pleasantly surprised by how far some tech support folks will go to help you if you aren't an A-hole to them.
            So true, they have what we need but you have to either squeeze it out of them, or they offer it quickly. They vary in character themselves. If I've got a computer issue, I don't want to hear, "Is the kumpooter plugged into the wall?"

I have to admit I A-holed a motel reservations guy this week. It took forever and I finally yelled, "Talk slower, I cannot understand your accent!" He was trying to spell me the confirmation code and he was using all sort of words and animal names I've never heard - "B.....B, as in Bureadopque." WHATTT?!?!?!

Comment

I haven't followed this thread, but I see that weeville is back up. Good deal!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                I haven't followed this thread, but I see that weeville is back up. Good deal!
                It's "up" but it's stuck like it is. Can't edit it. Here I go to follow Neal's PM advice and see what we can do about that....Neal, get ready for a dumbass IT user call...

Comment

Checked out the link that Neal sent on the PM. It's on target, directly talking about the (my) specific problem.

One sentence says it all:

"You CAN gradually rebuild your site in Expression Web."

Nope. That's it. I ain't gonna do that. That's what I needed to know.

Thanks Neal! You're the MAN. And yes, I DO fit, and thanks so much for asking me that a few years ago, and you know what I mean.

Comment

Don't give up. When I get a chance let me see what I can do.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I read at slashdot for nerds,
                      got this in email:
                      http://motherboard.vice.com/read/new...nguages-in-one

now this is headed someplace.
                      I remember home users were just as enthused as business about websites...that all died because of the ridiculous complexity.
                      "Wyvern" seems a good idea, and will make a lot of resource, and that means speed.

I still use tcl/tk. might just be turning 20 years this year...if they go 1/10th as high level as that, they are doing wonders.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 10, 2014, 05:09 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X