No announcement yet.

"1 out of 4 performance variants of new cars sold in the U.S. has a Ford badge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "1 out of 4 performance variants of new cars sold in the U.S. has a Ford badge"

according to Jim Farley, Executive Vice President of Global Sales, Marketing and Service and head of the Lincoln brand. “According to R.L. Polk, 1 out of 4 performance variants of new cars sold in the U.S. has a Ford badge on it. So we have 25 percent of the performance car market share, almost double our general market share,” says Farley of Ford’s performance models. Examples of these models would include the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Taurus SHO, Mustang Shelby GT500 and F-150 SVT Raptor. “We sell 60,000 of these performance vehicles a year. When we add it up and look at the revenue, it’s a multi-billion dollar business for us, just on the new vehicle sales side.”

Yet a Ford has never won Drag Week. Strange.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

What do custom-built, $150,000+, aftermarket mountain motor-powered, six-second, 200 m.p.h., carbon-fiber "pro mods" have to do with anything the real world? Or with new cars?

BTW, Fords have won in classes other than Unlimited at DW.

And Ford could potentially win in Gasser/AFX if the GM-sponsored and beholden rules-makers hadn't knowingly and intentionally screwed Ford racers on the rules (the BOGUS Pre-'67 engine family rule . . . with the only apparent purpose of keeping out Ford's 385-series big blocks)

Comment

Ford, GM, Chrysler....... Shouldn't it be more like 33%? I mean importers don't really "badge" their cars, do they? And is the U.S. so import infested that Ford really only has 13% or less of the general market? Granted Ford doesn't really suck that bad, never has, but try to claim the type of superiority that GM and MoPar fans do is a good way to paint a bull's eye on your forehead. To me Ford has good intentions but always comes off a bit, clumsy. GM drops the Z-28 and ZL-1 on the market, Chrysler responds with the Hellcat and Ford gets rid of the last solid rear axle performance platform and hypes the Eco-boost. Zig meet zag. Still it makes the enthusiast arena more fun because Ford guys always go at things so strong to (over)compensate.

The GT350R had better be AMAZING!
        Last edited by RockJustRock; July 18, 2014, 03:09 PM.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Love Fords and if I bought a new car right now it might be a Mustang in spite of the wife's insistence they are a girl's car...but Ford will always be having to make up for the fact they don't have a Corvette. Maybe if they'd shown the GT the same treatment as the Viper...keeping the price somewhat down and making it a regular thing...that wouldn't be the case. Anyhow, all hail the Fiesta ST, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
            Anyhow, all hail the Fiesta ST, etc.
            lmao
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                What do custom-built, $150,000+, aftermarket mountain motor-powered, six-second, 200 m.p.h., carbon-fiber "pro mods" have to do with anything the real world? Or with new cars?
                sheesh, a fricken Dodge won in 2006.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

As I said where are the "performance badged" Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Hyundais and Volkswagons?

And "Vette and Viper envy"....... snicker.

Plus how many times does 60K units go into multi-billions of dollars? C'mon, SVT stuff isn't THAT pricey!
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; July 18, 2014, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    Love Fords and if I bought a new car right now it might be a Mustang in spite of the wife's insistence they are a girl's car...but Ford will always be having to make up for the fact they don't have a Corvette. Maybe if they'd shown the GT the same treatment as the Viper...keeping the price somewhat down and making it a regular thing...that wouldn't be the case. Anyhow, all hail the Fiesta ST, etc.
                    you have to leave the girl's something!
                    My name is Gail
                    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 18, 2014, 03:27 PM.
                    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

The fact that Ford either does not compete or is not competitive in several niches (e.g. two-seat sports cars, luxury cars, V8 RWD sedans) certainly hurts their U.S. market share. But 25% of the performance market likely far outpaces what they do in any other niche except for full-size pickups.

Last edited by 38P; July 18, 2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                        And Ford could potentially win in Gasser/AFX
                        uh....Fords won the class the first two years. They happened to be Chevy powered. Is it my fault a Y block don't work as good as a mouse?
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

The jury is still out on the beer can approach for the 2015 trucks.

Comment

My comments were limited to Ford-powered entries.

Clearly all versions of the Challenger/Windsor are class-legal, excluding the Cleveland-style Boss. So the Y-block quip has no basis in fact.

And not to take anything away from Cox or Fox . . . Nor is it your fault that nobody stepped up with a built Ford-powered Ford when small blocks could still win the class (those days, I predict are gone for good).

Of course in 21st Century racing classes that don't outlaw contemporary Ford mills . . . .

Team NMRA [National Mustang Racing Association] has been dominating this event with 6 team wins in the first 8 NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl events.
                            http://www.performanceracing.com/new...-2014-schedule

Make that 7 team wins in the first 9 NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl events with last weekend's victory in Joliet . . .

. . giving Tobener and the NMRA the win, 6-5
                            Last edited by 38P; July 18, 2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Those day's aren't gone, it's just too easy to do it with Rat power.

Jay Brown is your man.....see what you can do! I'd love to race my altered wheelbase car against an altered wheelbase Ford with FE power
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X