Shifter knobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    I got a ball from a friend, and tapped it, and installed it...but it's too big and heavy. I have a smaller ball knob on it that works really well, it's from Hurst.
    before this conversation goes any further... we need a commercial break from our sponsor, AC/DC....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I picked up a #5 ball for my 5 speed T5 going into the 62 Rambler. It is orange. Cost me $3.00
      Nick

Comment

I was hoping for more pictures ...

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
          I was hoping for more pictures ...

Of balls? uh, I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            Of balls?
            Of cool shifter knobs ... hello ?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
              Of cool shifter knobs ... hello ?

language is such and interesting thing - some people say "soda" others "coke" for any carbonated beverage, some even say "pop." I've lived in the PNW most of my life and knob is used to describe either a door handle or a moron... I know you're neither, but the idea of calling a shifter ball a shifter knob brings up all sorts of negative connotations.

Anyway, so how is the Corvette treating you?

Comment

It's not always a ball ... I've seen some cool ones made from Tiki statues, grenades, to hula girl figurines.

Comment

I have a old-school white ball, er... shifter knob. When I went from auto to manual I had always envisioned the classic white Hurst-style shifter. I love it, and it was not all that expensive from Jegs and has no branding on it, which I like. It also has a jam-nut so it hasn't moved at all.

Comment

My son "stole" my Hurst "T" handle out of my Trans Am, used it for a mold maker and made 2 out of solid brass, I got one, and made several alum ones, I got one on my flatbed.. Painted 1968 metalflake purple and worn off in the right spots.. I have used PTO knobs, solid brass duck head among others.. Added to a shifter and used a straight knob but that hit everything in the truck.. Best ones? Stock stick with the "T" on the flatbed and white ball (1970's) in the 57..

Comment

I think I need a tiki head for the A.

I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

hate these thumbnail pictures on the new and improved software.

Anyway, that is Awesome! WANT!!
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I found a link at the bottom of the post that inserts it! It's hard to see, it doesn't look like a link, but it's there. Hover the cursor around the thumbnail and you'll see one of them that inserts it.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I ran this chrome Moon shifter knob for a while. It's fine until it gets cooked by the sun.

Then I went to the classic white Hurst knob.

I just realized all of these pictures suck.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think those pictures are great!!
                              Here's a Lokar 8-ball shift ball from Speedway: SK-6885, 2-1/4"ball with 3/8-24 or 3/8-16 threads. On sale for $32 bucks. Earl has one of these, but when I bought his, they were $18.95........LOL!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've had this piston for a very long time on several cars, it out of a motorcycle.
                                To keep it on and secure I JB welded it in place.
                                I also have a shifter with a regular B/M T handle too and can swap them in minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X