Abnormally Dangerous Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abnormally Dangerous Duck

DB and I were giving each other a rash of crap before the college football season this past year or the year before. He's big into the Oregon Ducks. My line was, what's so scary about a duck? I mean, why choose that for your school's sports "thing" over a tiger or a rattlesnake or something more menacing than a duck?

Well, case in point. After a quick review by the Weeville Legal Team of one, I believe this legal case won't go very far because it's not in California. If was to have been in California, though, it could easily go all the way to the state Supreme Court, and new laws restricting ducks would be passed afterward:

A Washington woman says she was attacked by a duck with “abnormally dangerous propensities” and is seeking $275,000 in damages, according to court documents.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Now you gonna run from feeding ducks in the park?? ;))..

Comment

Rose needs to have a drink.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ducks and geese suck, they can get aggressive. This is why you can get fined fir feeding ducks and geese at the park here.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

For some un-driven reason, I believe I have helped make this be Bird Week on General Discussion, much to the chagrin of folks who want to want to see only gears and octane. It's general Discussion after all. That's why it's called General Discussion, in my unqualified opinion. Kill me if I'm entirely wrong. I'll die quietly.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Naah, you are too funny to die my friend.. You keep this hopping!

Comment

Interesting topics peewee keep'um rolling.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

The story says her motor home was parked on land. I would think she'd have bigger problems than a mean duck if it wasn't parked on dry land.

Never understood why elephants are scared of mice. One stomp, or kick depending on the situation, and problem is cured.

$275K? Where can I find a mean duck. ts ts ts, here ducky ducky...
                Last edited by 68scott385; April 23, 2014, 08:14 PM.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Scott, another news on tv showed a fork like plate in her wrist in an xray.. ..All she had to do was stand her ground! .. They flap, but don't have the knobs on their wings like geese..

Comment

Who do you sue when a duck attacks? With regard to the Oregon Ducks they are awsum now. For years the Ducks and the Beavers were the push overs of the west coast. One year my wife who thinks the punter bats home runs told me the Ducks and Beavers were going to play since she is from Oregon. I told her there would be no winner. Game ended in a tie. Didn't help her to become more interested.

Comment

Geese are very territorial and can be aggressive but also this makes them good and noisy guard dogs, those big white ones don't fly so you don't have to worry about them flying up on stuff in the yard.

Roosters can be aggressive too, mainly because thy have a harem and a vested interest in keeping everything else away from that harem...c'mon you would be aggressive too

Talking on the phone with my sister the other day, she had let out their Egyptian Crown Crane to wander around in the yard. She was sitting outside talking to me and the Crane likes her so it hopped up on her lap and eventually her head. This is not a small bird mind you, it stands about 3 feet tall...she moved her head and it jumped down, then her husband came outside and it hates him, so she asked if he could please get it back in the pen while she was on the phone. Since it hates him, he just gets its attention then runs into the pen with it following him airborne, then exits out and closes the gate.

The prior PeeWee pigeon thread I had refrained from commenting on but since it is now officially bird week, here goes.
                      Loren and I used to have homing pigeons (be nice, don't judge) my Mother and Nancy had parrots so we were not unfamiliar with birds...The things we liked about the pigeons were; they live OUTSIDE, They are not terribly noisy and they are "pet" birds that you can actually let fly around. We lived in the sticks though, and I will admit a dearth of pigeons in the city is not much fun.
                      One time out to lunch with some friends of mine at work we had a few liquid libations after eating and were sitting on the patio of the restaurant. I told the girls that I could catch one of those pigeons and of course they argued and thought I was BS'ing them. I leaned over a bit and sat very still with my hand open and my elbow bent so I had enough reserve to actually get the bird...within about 45 seconds I grabbed a pigeon and held it up, no one ever argued with me again when it came to an animal issue!

Gail
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                      X