Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "tigers revenge" GTO @ new England dragway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    I have unleashed the photo on the New England Dragway history group on FB. We'll see what they can come up with. I would remember a Pontiac with a Cobra Jet hood scoop. --- That photo struck me as later than the early 1970s, but not sure.
    Thanks allot Brian.It might be later then what Im thinking. I know it would mean allot to him if anything showed up about the car. He also did some racing with his cars to back in the 80s and 90s.
    This is him in his Boss in about 88 or so.

This is me and I think it was the same day.

These were good times man. You could go to NED on Saturday and there would be tons of cars and it was nothing to see 10 to 15 Grand Nationals. I really miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      I I would remember a Pontiac with a Cobra Jet hood scoop.
      Not to contradict the announcer, but that scoop looks too large to be a CJ scoop. It struck me as more of an '67-style L88 scoop (without the "stinger" of course)

Comment

TTT

Comment

I have Tigers Revenge. I bought it from your friend's Dad on Jan 4, 1974. It has been my prized possession ever since. It is almost exactly as I bought it with a few changes and updates. It is still "original". I have cared for it so that it has never been restored. If you search on Hagerty's site you will find a story that will fill you in on the history.

I can imagine how your friend feels. I saw him and his sister hanging from the roll cage when I went to see the car. (I did pull the roll cage out a while back). But I never expect to part with the car. Its been part of my life since I was 17. At you can let him know it has been cared for.

Comment

Very cool to get some closure on this search .. thanks for posting. Sounds like you could also add some content to our site with some of your exploits !

Comment

Welcome, Tiger'sRevenge! Always great to have the owner of a really neat car on here. Any more or less current pics?

And I agree with Monster - please post your stories, adventures, etc.

Dan

Comment

Hope to see the updated photos too!

Comment

Great to have you on board tiger, looking forward to seeing some pic posted
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Hi that link to the Hagerty story is pretty recent: https://www.hagerty.com/yourstories/...20140808092221

Although I did finally put a stock hood back on last year (that was a 1967 big block Corvette scoop). Here is a current picture AND one from back in the day with my 67 GTA and my friend's 67 GTX.Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO GTA GTX 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	1158837

Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO 2017 pic.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1158836

Comment

That is just beautiful !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        That is just beautiful !
                        X at least 2! Love me some GTOs.

Dan

Comment

Love the look with TIRES not rubber bands!
                          Thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by tigersrevenge67 View Post
                            I have Tigers Revenge. I bought it from your friend's Dad on Jan 4, 1974. It has been my prized possession ever since. It is almost exactly as I bought it with a few changes and updates. It is still "original". I have cared for it so that it has never been restored. If you search on Hagerty's site you will find a story that will fill you in on the history.

I can imagine how your friend feels. I saw him and his sister hanging from the roll cage when I went to see the car. (I did pull the roll cage out a while back). But I never expect to part with the car. Its been part of my life since I was 17. At you can let him know it has been cared for.
                            Thank you so much for the reply. I have told mick (original owners son) and he is pretty excited to know that it still alive and well. He has some documentation and all the trophies the tiger had won back in the day. If you could please email me so I could put you in contact with him that would be real nice and mean the world to not only him but his mom and dad also. Thanks again
                            John Lee
                            [email protected]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X