Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spike TV's Power Block is now Power Nation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike TV's Power Block is now Power Nation.

Channel surfing had me stop a couple times. Same shows with different names with the same hosts. Courtney Hanson still hosting the block of gearhead shows.

It begs the question: Why the change? The shows haven't really changed at all beyond the name changes. They even film them in the same studios. The whole thing has me thinking the powers at be at Spike Channel threw a new coat of paint and changed the signs on the building and called it all new.

For someone who rarely up this early morning to see them, I am wondering who they are kidding with these changes for regular viewers?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Seems there's been several changes lately......shows getting a new face lift and different channels.

I just happened to see something on West Coasts Customs and went to Fox Sports News?.....did a little surfing
    and couldn't find 'em over there.

Also did Graveyard Carz take a hiatus?.......maybe get their act together and get rid of the Larry, Moe and Curly act?
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

we were just talking about that here. Put some lipstick on that pig!
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

finally the powerblock (or whatever it's called) makes sense, extreme 4x4 (buggies and stuff), engine building, muscle car building, and truck building.... before, there was such over lap between the various shows that it just didn't make sense....

as for the fox, car stuff - they moved to another channel

as for early morning.... that's what DVR is for
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 5, 2014, 10:17 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I saw that just this morning. No clue what's going on. And in our market is wasn't on Spike - I was surfing and didn't notice which channel is WAS on. I'm fairly flexible for an old guy but I hate it when they change my TV schedule!

Dan

Comment

They're kinda doing to the shows what we do to our cars.........never finished!!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

someone owns the powerblock NAME.. and they had to change it.. you know,, those lawyer letters to disease and desist... so.. up with changes..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                someone owns the powerblock NAME.. and they had to change it.. you know,, those lawyer letters to disease and desist... so.. up with changes..
                Yeah, makes them sick to quit....

Comment

Speed being shut down/rebranded led several of the car shows looking for new homes. a lot of those ended up MAV TV. The former powerblock shows were slated to move to CBS sports, but then also got picked up by NBC sports. At the last minute Spike picked up the shows again as well. With the move they did the renaming/rebranding and redecorated their studios.

Comment

Working...
                  X