so what car do you want today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
    There is an '80s Chevy Malibu two door sitting outside a mechanic's shop near where I work similar to this one, but in blue.

I've been thinking it would be a great car to stuff an LSx and a 6 speed into.
    One of the cool kids in high school had one repainted midnight blue. I had a silver one with red interior I got at a swap meet for $450. It was hit in the front and the rear frame rails were rusted. Put factory exhaust on it and you couldn't even hear it start let alone run. Too bad it was a 305.

Comment

• thinking of big red.

I had a funny story I shared here.
      living in a rural town, us boys seemed to come of age around the same time, driving ourselves, building our own buggies.
      One of my only neighbors was 6 foot 4 at 15 yrs old, we called him big red.
      for some odd reason, some kids called me donovan. (I got mad when someone called me "Berry")

we used to be seen together all the time, working with vehicles or whatever.
      the original car had a donovan engine and it was called big red.
      A car guru caught onto this in high school, he thought it was funny.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• I miss my 1970 Camaro, and I want a big-tire car. So this thing has my interest. https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6051077895.html

Of course, I have no money.

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

• There is a 72 Riviera on ebay with no reserve and only one bid of 2k so far. Nebraska isn't too far away. I would have to sell my el camino to make room for it.

Comment

• I want something fast - including both power and handling - at a reasonable price. This ought to fit the bill.

Comment

• This looks like the start of something road-killy fun.

$1,500 - 350sbc "runs", needs brakes.

I'd do a cheap back-half and a 5.3L truck motor with a pair of china turbos.

Then make it look like this without the scoop and in a dark green instead.
              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

• I want to get a D Sports Racer like this Waterford T6. Feather light curb weight, 1000 cc motorcycle engine, and insane levels of grip.

Comment

• now THATS what im talkin bout, willis !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	funnyvette.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1152258

Comment

• ARCH motorcycle.

I am a fan of his movies.

I got to drive this model of dodge just once. I could not wait to get the gmc I have today because of it.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 3, 2017, 06:56 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

• crazy Mr.donovan driving his tank again.

Previously boxer3main

Comment

• a black two stack mack without a window in the back
                        ..and its not from hackensack.

how 'bout those lambo doors.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• looks like a genuine 16 gauge.

I looked under my truck, drivers floor is always first to check.. old truck routine.
                          I drove it a whole year with a growing mushroom...wanted whatever comes off shoes, and road salt.

Previously boxer3main

Comment

• 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon
                            Visit my sons blog:
                            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                              I looked under my truck, drivers floor is always first to check.. old truck routine.
                              I drove it a whole year with a growing mushroom...wanted whatever comes off shoes, and road salt.
                              What sort of mushroom could survive the road salt?

Me, for some reason, I'm wanting a Corvair as an offbeat and practical classic with (theoretically) room to take the whole family on a road trip.

Comment

• Efi'd 347 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, 9 inch with a 3.73 or so gear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	1153911
                                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X