Dirt cheap SBC rebuild kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt cheap SBC rebuild kits?

I bought a '86 350 engine complete for $50. The motor ran good, but the guy pulled it out and completely disassembled it for no good reason. The block and crank are good to go, so I want to get a kit that will include the rings, bearings, complete gasket set, a decent timing chain, and an oil pump. I can buy this stuff seperate or in kits from Summit or Jegs, but I know there has to be places to get this stuff cheaper. Who have you used for such things?
    This is just a cheap motor for a 70 GMC that I plan to use for towing.

Re: Dirt cheap SBC rebuild kits?

Federal mogul used to sell different kits. They prob'ly still do.

Comment

350 Chevy Master Kit (To '84)

$179.00

Powerhouse:
      POWERHOUSE has thousands of stock and high performance parts for cars and trucks. The world's absolute lowest prices since 1985.

MASTER REBUILD KIT
      Kit includes: Pistons, Pins, Rings & Lifters, Rod, Main Cam & Cam Barrings, Freeze Plug Set, Gaskets, Cam, Timing Set, Meling Oil Pump & Precision Ground Crank. (pistons available in standard 30, 40, 60)

Larry's Performance:
      Buy a domain and see how a premium domain can be the best investment. Your business starts here. Buy a domain today.

10% off SALE on selected Block Kits until August 31st

Performance Automotive Warehouse Inc.:

Comment

i buy from engine kits .com all the time never a problem fairly quick good parts

Comment

Powerhouse or Northern Auto parts http://www.northernautoparts.com/

Comment

I got a kit off Ebay for $200. Seemed like quality parts. Hastings rings, Melling pump, Clevite bearings, Felpro gaskets, and even a double roller timing set. I've had no problems and truck runs good.

Comment

I can sell you a kit with the rings, bearings, gaskets, double roller timing chain and oil pump for $130 shipped. The 86 is its own special jewel so make sure you get the right gasket set when you order parts. Are you one or two piece rear seal? center or perimeter bolt valve covers?

Comment

86 should be a one piece rear main - old school valve covers and intake - quadrajet , if it was in a truck , it esc - electronic spark control with a 7 poin module and a non feedback carb
                make sure it is not the dreaded 305

Comment

What size 350? If it's a common variant, try your friendly local Walmart, isle 14J.

Comment

is that the small block 350 or the big block 350 ?
                    with elderbrock intake ?

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
                      I can sell you a kit with the rings, bearings, gaskets, double roller timing chain and oil pump for $130 shipped. The 86 is its own special jewel so make sure you get the right gasket set when you order parts. Are you one or two piece rear seal? center or perimeter bolt valve covers?
                      That's a heck of a good deal and a nice offer, OP, take him up on it!

Comment

I was given a complete '73 350 out of a '73 Laguna 'Wagon. It's 'origional' right down to the 2-Barrel Carb,Smog-Pump & 35 year old sludge-n-slime,got the 350 Trans as well. I plan to just steam-clean it,rebuild the Starter/Carb/Dizzy,ect,'maybe' a new Gasket set & that's about it. Later it'll go in one of my Nova's. My question is......how far should I dig into it? I have NO PLANS to soup it up,just drop it in. This thing has sat under the Hood of the Lugana since it was new,the Car itself had been unused & off the road since 84(11 years use..not much use.....the odo read just over 38-thousand miles on it....). The Engine 'turned'(by hand..)without much drama,the Plugs came out after a dousing of WD-40. Anything else I should look for on this thing BEFORE I dump it in ???? ~OO6.

Comment

Any circle track claimer set up from a Mag.
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                          X