• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
    REALLY? they did?
    still do.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Sears and KMart are the same corporation. They merged in 2004.

Out here they sell Craftsman at OSH and also Ace. Its no longer a Sears only brand and, not surprisingly, they've been cheapening the brand for a long time.
      I'm still learning

Comment

SBG's comments bother me because I like the Proto stuff I picked up a couple of years ago, and have some Proto Blackhawk stuff around here somewhere that I thought was pretty high quality as well.

It's irritating to see everything move off , but damn if we don't get pissed when something cost three times as much...
        Last edited by Beagle; December 8, 2012, 10:01 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          It says where its made right on the packaging.

"Hecho en China" ?
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

They also sell Craftsman at WalMart. I havent bought a Craftsman tool in a couple decades. I think 1993 was the last time I bought something of theirs. Just got tired of the wrench slipping and only rounding off the fastener. What really pissed me off was when Vise Grips started being made in China, those things are worthless for anything other than the original intent... a welding clamp, and even in that capacity they suck.

Tried Kobalt and the sockets suck, just round stuff off. Might work good when it is new equipment, but add some years and rust, and they would only work ok to weld them to the nut. SK went downhill too, used to be great tools.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
              It's funny I always thought Craftsman tools were made in the USA...... But then they do utilize more than 130 Chinese manufacturers for the Craftsman line..........

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?p...2-66f8bd566117
              you arem after all , are the chinese products representative here yuk yuk peking duck
              Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; December 9, 2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

went out in the garage to check my latest Craftsman purchase. They were the subect on another thread started by TC. gear /ratchet type wrenches. Mine were made in the U.S.A.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  you arem after all , are the chinese products representative here yuk yuk peking duck
                  I'm on a GearWrech kick right now, they have this "pass-thru" socket set where you can stick the socket and ratchet over a long stud and the stud will pass right through the socket, extension, and ratchet....... Here's a video on it..... This would make setting polylocks a snap.......

Last edited by TC; December 9, 2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

You guys seriously didn't know that Craftsman was made in China? For at least ten years it's said right on the packaging... MADE IN CHINA

How do you think they are so cheap, even at half the quality?

Also, hate to break it to a lot of Snap On fans, but you might want to check where your American tools have been being manufactured for a LOOOONG time also.

Hell, most of the cutting edge outsourcers have been moving their cheap manufacturing to India, OUT of China... That's why all the part numbers at Harbor Freight reset a few years back.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Really DG?

I bought these on Friday

oh wait, are those Craftsman tools?

Do they say "Forged in USA" on them?

What other s&&t do you "know"
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 9, 2012, 09:23 PM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        Really DG?

I bought these on Friday

oh wait, are those Craftsman tools?

Do they say "Forged in USA" on them?

What other s&&t do you "know"
                        i bet they were not forged here, and arent made of US steel. oh and i know you like wearing tight and shiny pants. Amirite?
                        Last edited by dieselgeek; December 9, 2012, 09:48 PM.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

cdaftsman tools with Made In USA stampings, made in China...

If you're looking for the right tools to perform a job around the house, you may find several different brands of tools, including Craftsman. Craftsman has different lines of tools geared for specific uses, most notably its Craftsman and Craftsman professional lines.

lawsuit in 2004 against sears for Craftsman tools made overseas labelled Made In USA

Class action lawsuit against Sears, Roebuck & Co alleges that Sears conducted false advertising and consumer fraud by advertising that its Craftsman tool l

#suckerborneveryminute
                          Last edited by dieselgeek; December 9, 2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                            i bet they were not forged here, and arent made of US steel. oh and i know you like wearing tight and shiny pants. Amirite?
                            another one of those things you learned in high school?

Comment

And seriously, you're quoting a 2004 lawsuit that went nowhere? Repeat after me "the filing of a lawsuit proves nothing"

From wikipedia
                              Sears has never manufactured Craftsman products itself, instead relying on other manufacturers to make the products for them and then apply the Craftsman brand name. Sometimes, the Craftsman branded items include exclusive features or functions that separate them from the manufacturer's own brand or other brands that that manufacturer produces. Other times, Craftsman products are identical models to other brands with a different name badge on them. In the last 4 years, many of the hand tools sold under the Craftsman brand name are now made overseas. General hand tools have been made by a variety of manufacturers over the years including New Britain,[19] Moore Drop Forge,[11] Stanley,[20] Easco Hand Tools,[21] and most recently the Apex Tool Group[22] (wrenches, ratchets, and sockets) and Western Forge[23] (screwdrivers, pliers, and adjustable wrenches). Some screwdrivers have also been manufactured by Pratt-Read (now part of Ideal Industries). Many Craftsman portable power tools have been manufactured by Techtronic Industries. Many Craftsman bench and stationary power tools have been manufactured by Emerson Electric Company and DeWalt.[24] Craftsman-branded garage door openers are manufactured by The Chamberlain Group.[25] Sears hand power tools have also been produces by DeWalt. Some, such as the corded and cordless drills, were indistinguishable, other than the color and decal. Tool chests and cabinets have typically been manufactured by Waterloo Industries. Some tools have codes on them that correspond to the manufacturer that produced the product for Sears(see Alloy Artifacts website reference below). Many major Sears Craftsman items also have a vendor prefix, which is typically the first three digits before the period or dash in the model number. These first three digits correspond to the vendor code, or the actual manufacturer contracted to make the product for Sears.

Also, 80% of Craftsman handtools are made in the USA, the other 20% (tape measures) are made in Dominican Republic, and shovels which are made in Taiwan

are you right? not about this.

Comment

SBG, thanks for the post... It is what my son told me, he is a tool freak..

Also DG... Snap-on does have SOME tools made elsewhere..but the MAJORITY of the hand tools are made in good ole USA!
                                This comes from a group of guys who buy/sell USA. Made tools...

Comment

Working...
                                X