10 sec. Maverick w/300 six power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 sec. Maverick w/300 six power

Now you sure dont see those for sale at Sonny more money's web page.

This is cool deal, I made some 300 six's with 350 Chevy pistons in them with .180 off the top of the block to get rid of that huge dish in the piston and ran them on propane for a while ( last gas crunch)
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
      Hey guys, My name is Andy. Brian, I never got to meet Glen. I started going to LVD in '96, maybe he sold the track before that? Prior to that I was living between Syracuse and Rochester NY, and racing at Spencer Speedway, a little track outside of Williamson.
      Andy, (see that just works better) I started going there (to work) in 99/2000...I think Glenn was there until like 2003/4. You probably saw him but just didn't know him. You also probably heard me announcing if you were there on a Saturday...hilarious. Glenn was just the warden. The place is owned by Howard Commander (the guy who owns the oval as well).

The current SS/CX National record sits at 10.00/132mph. It was set in Sept 2006 at E-Town (good Jersey air at work there).

Here's a link to more photos of the car: http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?p=455894

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Very impressive. I saw a guy with a 12 second Comet with a similar looking setup and thought it was cool, but seeing one in the 10s? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
          i think the sixer is better idea then a v8(NO IMPORT MOTORS!!!) gives you some credit against everyone i guess
          if you have a strong stomach, check out the Spectrem contest mav that's suppose to be on power tour this year. it's suppose to have a jap 6 in it. i know i was offended.
          (ok, there i go starting trouble again :-X)
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Perry' car was definitely awesome, and the fact he spanked Paul "checkmate" Mercure during his "near miss" at Indy that year proves it.

VT (what the hell's your actual first name anyway...weird calling you Vermont...but I digress). I've seen and announced Clem and his car several times. It's a great piece that he's been running for a while, but the thing is meticuluously maintained and very fun to watch.

Any Super Stocker with a designation that ends in X is normally fun to watch!

I actually announced my first drag races at LVD while I was a student at UMass. I'd do Saturdays and occasionally Sundays for then track manager Glenn Grow. Glenn was a great guy, did you ever meet him? He had a pretty sweet bike he would cruise the pits in. When I started working at New England Dragway, I'd leave Amherst at like one and drive to do Friday nights at New England. I'd leave there at like 10:30, be back to UMass by 1:30 or 2 am....then haul ass out to the Valley on Saturday morning to call the races for the day. Good times. I always liked LVD as a track....hell...it's the only one in America with a funny car on top of a 25ft tall pole...how can you not love the place!

As with all straight six powered cars....their sound is an acquired taste...he he.

Brian
            Are you Fawn's fiance` Frank from Amherst ?

Comment

I'm sure Fawn is a lovely woman, but my wife Kerri would be TOTALLY pissed if I was getting ready to marry someone else without telling her.

I left "the happy valley" after my graduation. I live just outside of Boston now.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                i think the sixer is better idea then a v8(NO IMPORT MOTORS!!!) gives you some credit against everyone i guess
                if you have a strong stomach, check out the Spectrem contest mav that's suppose to be on power tour this year. it's suppose to have a jap 6 in it. i know i was offended.
                (ok, there i go starting trouble again :-X)
                strong stomach? last I checked they were building a badass all-american 250 straight six for the Maverick?
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

that is one of those six cylinders that ran in c/ factory experimental , c/modified production or c/gas
                  class racer
                  ford six runs great in those classes
                  if you are a fan on nhra comp eliminator , you see ford inline 6 , frank aragona's subaru 6 , al ackerman's fontana 4 ,- with a big chief head on it running low 8s , bob kaiser's grumpy v6 chev
                  not surprising a class racer running that fast , aluminum rods -17:1 compression , welded heads , .900 lift cam - 6 series rear gear

Comment

Here's a shot of the Sube powered altered of Frank and Joe Aragona.

And yes....it is probably the weirdest sounding car at the drags just about any where it shows up!

Brian

Comment

I am a big division one comp fan
                      life begins at 12,000 valvespring killing rpm

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Here's a shot of the Sube powered altered of Frank and Joe Aragona.

And yes....it is probably the weirdest sounding car at the drags just about any where it shows up!

Brian
                        Blasphemy

Comment

It'll clean out your truck without breaking a sweat.

Brian

Comment

Even I won't call foul on that one... its not really a body of any real manufacturer so its not cross polenation that I get all upset about. It gets the job done and done well. I bet more people talk to him in the pits than a big chief powered car....
                            Central TEXAS Sleeper
                            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

only way to top this is.. to make it a sleeper. its certainly badass.

i had an old boss that ran a straight 6 ford engine in a dirt-circle track race car. rules stated you could run all but two spark plugs behind the front axle. that was his inspiration, how far you could set back the motor.. anyways, he got a straight 6 ford motor, had it custom built, heads rewoked and such..engine sat basically inside the car with him in a doghouse. cost WAY more then a chevy motor in the end, MUCH more, and it wasnt a world beater on the track. regardless, the chevy types went absolutely batshit over it, the rules were changed over it to basically outlaw the combo. they had a problem with his weight distribution being "unfair".. kind of sucks how the rules are changed sometimes when a guy gets a new idea, even if its not making a difference on the track.

Comment

that's a totally sick ride! way cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X