Wrecker for a tractor? Hmmmmmm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    Why not the best of both worlds? Keep the wrecker and get THIS tractor. From an email I got from a guy in Ontario.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10921[/ATTACH]
    Peewee, that's not a tractor. Nope, no sir, no how. I never considered a Massey a tractor unless you liked pullin' 'em out of the field in two pieces on the end of a chain.
    -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
      Peewee, that's not a tractor. Nope, no sir, no how. I never considered a Massey a tractor unless you liked pullin' 'em out of the field in two pieces on the end of a chain.
      -dulcich
      Well, that's the best I could do from the collection that I have. I tried. I used to work with a guy who ran a landscaping business on the side. So I ran his job and mine too while he was on the phone at work the whole shift talking to landscaping customers. And he thought Massey was the only tractor-thing in the world. Best ever. That's all the evidence that I have.

And the one in the photo has a 1200 c.c. motorcycle engine in it. Don't know what the guy in Ontario does with it. Too little to pull with, too fast to mow the lawn with....dunno. Another Canadian thing, I guess. I'd be stir crazy, too, if I was stuck inside the house from the snow 8 months out of the year.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        I think that is one of the reasons she was into it, because there were a bunch of youg kids pulling. Like this guy...

I can see why she likes the tractor for the boys to drive. I'm guessing she thinks the slow moving machines are safer than fast cars.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          I can see why she likes the tractor for the boys to drive. I'm guessing she thinks the slow moving machines are safer than fast cars.
          I'm the safety guy. Little kids on a big tractor scare he SHIT of of me. Not physical carnage, but death to THEM. That photo of that kid on the big tractor...well, I'm sure all is well, but that scares me to see that. Kids and big machinery just don't go together....okay never mind, resume thread.

Comment

I'm the safety guy. Little kids on a big tractor scare he SHIT of of me. Not physical carnage, but death to THEM. That photo of that kid on the big tractor...well, I'm sure all is well, but that scares me to see that. Kids and big machinery just don't go together....okay never mind, resume thread.
            I worked for a farmer when I was 12-13 walking beans and detasseling corn. I was driving a similar tractor a week after he met me. Not much trouble I could get into doing a maximum 10 mph in a field.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              I worked for a farmer when I was 12-13 walking beans and detasseling corn. I was driving a similar tractor a week after he met me. Not much trouble I could get into doing a maximum 10 mph in a field.
              Scott, that's just too fast for field work. I think 7mph is a more appropriate max speed.
              dulcich

Comment

Scott, that's just too fast for field work. I think 7mph is a more appropriate max speed.
                dulcich
                Are y'all making fun of me again, or is that a true fact?

Comment

Are y'all making fun of me again, or is that a true fact?
                  Naw... Tractors are a little faster than a fast walk... Dad always made me take my bike and not the tractor...

Comment

Peewee - Just don't ever do something dumb like get off a tractor while its still moving. That'll tend to end slapstick.
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Here's the old Worthington....little bulldog that it was!

Brian, I seem to remember that tractor gave you frostbite in a rather sensitive location... maybe you wanna stick to stuff that has a heater.
                      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Cabs are for pussies. My ass un-froze about mid-June.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

dulcich
                          Thats all the faster it would go driving from field to the other.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Cabs are for pussies. My ass un-froze about mid-June.
                            One way to keep Kerri's ice cold hands and feet off you.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

7mph?

Try 35+

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

There's the "Daddy's trying to get arrested" video
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X