Ok, I give. This one is too far gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I give. This one is too far gone.

The car is for sale in the Netherlands, for get this. $89,500. Someone is smoking some good shit over there, I wonder if they visit Amsterdam often. Even if I got this thing for $50 there isnt enough there to use unless you want to build something entirely unlike an Aston and just call it that. Yet the guy wants enough to buy a couple ZL1s for it, after its been picked over. Its the same as when some hockey puck thinks they have a $40k car when its a 76 Aspen or a 4 door Falcon. I like Falcons, even the more doors, but for that much money they can keep it.

Learn more about Project for the Brave: 1960 Aston Martin DB4 on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Oof. That car is in sad, sad shape. Those are selling for well over $250,000 in nice shape. I think it would cost much more than that to fix that one.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

that is crazy..

resale for mint at its lowest is on this page:
      Find out how much a 1961 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato is worth and Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato used car prices. Our Value Guide is constantly growing with pric...

I wonder why they get that value.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Hey maybe the dude with the $6 million dollar garage will spring
        for it..........can sit next the the Chevy Cruze
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Goshalmighty - that thing's been in a tornado. That thing's been slung up against the side of a double-wide trailer, and a tree fell on it, too. Dang. Who in the world wants THAT? That's recycle material, if anything.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Goshalmighty - that thing's been in a tornado. That thing's been slung up against the side of a double-wide trailer, and a tree fell on it, too. Dang. Who in the world wants THAT? That's recycle material, if anything.
            wow. that's trashed. seriously trashed. i thunk you be rite peewee... its worth more to the recycle man. i wouldn't even fix that.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I say drive it the way it is
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thumpin I totally get what you're saying, but consider this - the time you've put into the GTO is similar to the time it would take to rebuild that car - so here's the calculations

100,000 will buy you a show car, 200k will buy and rebuild that car - then you've made 150k as the pricing on that car is routinely in the 350k range. Even at the low end sale of 250k - 50k, isn't bad money. If you do the work yourself, you'll be "paid" the 100k restoration cost and 50k profit. All for a year's work.

btw - while that wadded up car looks bad, it's the James Bond Aston Martin.... quite collectable, and very desirable.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 14, 2012, 11:31 PM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  I say drive it the way it is
                  Top's kinda jacked, let's sawzall it off first, okay? We can put an LS1 in it... I'll go fo that ride with ya!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

that price is crazy enough to make me think this 250gte with a windsor is worth 65K:
                    Learn more about Windsor/5-Speed 1962 Ferrari 250GTE on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

and the "lancia flavia" looking back end (per retards opinion of the writer)
                    is the only normal ferrari I have ever seen.

250gte is a great place for a normal engine.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Did you read this reply on the blog?

Martin,
                      You are so correct about the Bugatti which is half eaten away from sitting at the bottom of a lake for 40 + years.
                      That car sold for around $375,000 I beleive, and had many bidders.

A damn car sitting on the bottom of a lake, for 40 yrs, was fished out.......I assume restored
                      then sold for $375 K.
                      Thom

Comment

Nope, unrestored to this day. Sits in a museum in SoCal.

I don't get it either.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          Thumpin I totally get what you're saying, but consider this - the time you've put into the GTO is similar to the time it would take to rebuild that car - so here's the calculations

100,000 will buy you a show car, 200k will buy and rebuild that car - then you've made 150k as the pricing on that car is routinely in the 350k range. Even at the low end sale of 250k - 50k, isn't bad money. If you do the work yourself, you'll be "paid" the 100k restoration cost and 50k profit. All for a year's work.

btw - while that wadded up car looks bad, it's the James Bond Aston Martin.... quite collectable, and very desirable.
                          If you've got the time and money to invest in it upfront, it would probably pay off.

FWIW, Bond used a DB5.

Comment

It took me YEARS to realize that I can't save 'em all. Now that I'm old, I don't seem to save ANY of 'em.

Dan

Comment

Sure a decent one is worth something, and yes I have lots of hours in a rusty old Pontiac that would never be worth my time if I had to be paid for it. The difference is I am not building the GTO to make money, I am doing it for very different reasons so time spent on it has no real value, its more important to get it done so it can be driven again.

To spend $90k just to buy a car like that, and then try to find all the parts for it would be an exercise in futility. They werent mass produced like GTOs and Chevelles were, there arent millions of them like there are Mustangs. Sure it could be worth a quarter mil, but it sure as hell isnt like that. Its like building a BOSS 429 from a cowl section and an A pillar.

Comment

Working...
                              X