X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Wreck a New Camaro

This is America -and I will be forever thankful that no money of mine went into such an endeavor - but to each thier own.

I will never get it.

Most of us could build a pretty nice old car for what one set of those huge by large wheels and tires cost.
    Amen John. One of the consultants at this week's week-long meeting restores cars. He brought photos on his laptop. He's got a red 67 Mustang convertible. You could eat dinner off of the underside of it.

Cherry. One of the guys on the team made him say how much he had in it. Nearly $40K. He had somebody do the final fitting on the body panels and paint. He did all the rest himself.

Oh, and the white 57 T-bird with the removable hardtop. He's got that one, too.

The same guy that made him say what the Mustang cost noted, "You can't hide money."

Jeez.
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane. (Jimmy Buffett)

http://www.weeville.com

Comment

I think that the consensus here, is that we all can appreciate the effort that someone would have to make, in order to pull something like that off. I guess to some people, it's kind of artistic and like most art, it's function is to elicit a response, so in that case it worked very well!

Here's my responses;

I guess that both of those vehicles (if you could call them that) were featured at top speed.

See, I told you my Camaro could turn tighter than a bus!

And my favorite, Where's my spare tire?
      sigpic"Take most people, they're crazy about cars† I'd rather have a goddam horse. A horse is at least human, for God's sake."

Jerome David Salinger

Comment

I think that the consensus here, is that we all can appreciate the effort that someone would have to make, in order to pull something like that off. I guess to some people, it's kind of artistic and like most art, it's function is to elicit a response, so in that case it worked very well!

Here's my responses;

I guess that both of those vehicles (if you could call them that) were featured at top speed.

See, I told you my Camaro could turn tighter than a bus!

And my favorite, Where's my spare tire?
        Yep, and think about the economics. Somewhere out there, there are a few people who are a "company" and one night over beer or cocaine they decided to build giant wheels. With the thought and belief somebody would actually buy them.

And sure enough they did make them, and sure enough somebody bought them. Is this a great country, or WHAT?

I mean, DANG. Anything's possible, ridiculous or not. Anything.
        Last edited by peewee; April 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM.
        If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane. (Jimmy Buffett)

http://www.weeville.com

Comment

They sure are quiet.
          1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
          1997 Mustang GT
          sigpic

Comment

Now that you mention it, they were! I was too busy dry heaving to think about that!
            Last edited by tedly; April 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

That is the worst thing I have seen done to a new Camaro... even worse than the rusty white trash one.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

is it that extreme?
                32 inch wheels, maybe add 2 inch tread.. its like they made a 4x4 truck car.

I would rather 15 nch wheels and big pouncy 34 inch tread.
                Atomization is excitement, not temperature.

Comment

I will never want those big rim, low profile tires... Not my cuppa..

My question... Who SELLS those tires? What are they really for?

My flatbed is 16". My old chevy dump truck is huge at 17...

True...his car...his choice... My opinion:STOOPID...

Comment

i guess the factory 20" rims where not big enough....

i hate it rims should really only be as big as they have to be to clear the break calipers. mind you this is only my opinion

03 Silverado 2500HD ext. cab short bed 4x4 6.0L: TowMater 92 LeBaron Convertible: Does it run yet?

Comment

then you'll hate this picture of a "Chevy truck on dubs"
                      Seriously??? A Chevy???

It looks great. And it's a Studebaker.
                      Agreed.

I've seen this truck in person and it is beautiful.

Those Camaros are stupid. I don't really care for the new Camaro anyway, but it is even dumber with 32" wheels on it.
                      1990 Chevrolet 454SS Pickup - 2 time Power Tour participant (2002 & 2007), Long Hauler in 2007
                      1966 Pontiac GTO Hardtop - 3x2, 4speed fully restored with some mods
                      1996 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab/Short Bed

Comment

i like that they cut the body to fit rather than rig a lift kit ...ive seen some pretty scary stuff on those cars...cut and sectioned control arms ....saw a malibu with a 2wd jeep XJ axle under it.

Comment

there was a lifted monte carlo here with giant rims

the company that installed it used a 2wd S10 pre-runner lift on it. it was actualy kind of interesting how they set up the suspention. desindes the horrible huge rims

03 Silverado 2500HD ext. cab short bed 4x4 6.0L: TowMater 92 LeBaron Convertible: Does it run yet?

Comment

id rather they do it to that than something old that theyll never make any more of, but id rather not see it at all
                            formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                            http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Working...
                            X