Hot Rod JOBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod JOBS

Hi, is there a website out there dedicated to jobs in the Hot Rod industry ?
    Everyone says "Do what you love to do" when it comes to job hunting ...so, thats what Im trying to do.
    I would LOVE to work for a nationally recognized hot rod shop... but where to look ?

Any suggestions ?

I would think you'd want to find out which nationally recognized shops you'd like to work for and give them a call and see if they have any openings...............Like my Grandfather always said, why talk to the horse's ass, when you can talk to the head..........

Comment

Try the SEMA website, a lot of hot rod jobs are posted there.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Not to be a contrarian to what TC said, but I would look for a good local shop to work with. It is amazing how many small shops are out there building engines, race cars, hot rods, etc that do not have national recognition and a guy with a flat brimmed cap covered in tattoos running them. If you find a person in the local area where you live and can get in the door, it would be pretty bad ass.

Build on that experience and harbor dreams of world hot rodding domination!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys for your help, I will check out the SEMA site and see what local St Louis and Chicago has to offer.

Comment

Show up for the interview in a bitchin rod you built yourself....you shouldn't have any trouble
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I hire people for the Lingenfelter automotive companies, and for Diversified Creations. For every position you look for people that have a skill set that matches the requirements. Proven skills are very important. There are usually a few people in each case that meet this requirement. Next I look for the passion. In this industry passion is very important. People that have the burning desire to be part of it are usually the most committed to doing whatever it takes to get the job done. Many with the passion started in smaller shops and have worked from the ground up. They live to be part of this industry. They feel pride when a project is complete, and are willing to work the hours to get it done. To me this type of commitment is critical. Especially in small shops. There is never enough time to finish a project. If they are a 9 to 5 type person, this is not the place to be. If a shop and the employees are going to be successful, they will work as a team until the project is done.

Last year at Diversified we built 6 vehicles for SEMA. Five of them were built in the last 6 weeks leading up to SEMA. Add this amount of work on top of your regular work load, and you know everyone involved worked a lot of hours to make it. There is no excuse to miss, so you do what it takes to get it done. I apperciate and respect this type of commitment. But in the end, if my employees don't have it they should look for another job. They will not be here long.

I try to reward this type of behavior. We have put cars on the main floor at SEMA the last two years. To thank my team for their commitment, the last couple years I have brought my entire staff to Vegas for the SEMA show. They get a few days in Vegas on me, and get to share in the reward of their hard work. There is nothing quite like watching people look at something you built and appreciating the end result.

Remember there are lot's of different jobs in these shops. Everything from sales, mechanics, fabricators, painters, shipping, material ordering, office, to clean up people. Everyone of them is critical to the shop. You may not start in the position you want, but there is nothing that would keep you from working into it. Many of us always try to promote from within.
              If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

^^Golden advice from the horse himself (to use TC's analogy )
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Help wanted at Brown's Classic Autos! Brown's is looking for experienced Hot Rod Fabricators and Mechanics! We offer a positive work environment in a high profile shop with unique opportunities in the industry; including some amazing in-process and new custom builds. Brown's is looking for people who are motivated to be involved in all stages of building, maintaining and showing a wide range of vehicles from streetrods to exotics. Two years of classic car experience preferred. Don't miss out on this opportunity to work at your dream shop! Email resume to [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X