Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that embedding video is so easy, post up your favorites here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Finke Desert Race is held once a year in Central Australia, the video below shows Toby Price (finished 3rd in this year Dakar) doing a practice run a few weeks ago.

Love the sound of that KTM under load.

Last edited by 65RHDEER; June 19, 2015, 09:24 PM.
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• barnstorming...
      I guess the origin is nearly as old as flight. pretty cool to see a modern fast pair doing it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• great vid.

my dad in the early 80s, bought an 81 eldorado with a diesel.
        very new back then.
        Being a trucker, he'd get rooms and restaurants a lot, even on his offtime, simply getting around in his diesel trucker caddy.
        the treatment he got, some of his stories, hilarious. Did not expect it.
        from window washer at a boston intersection..to valet at a hotel he called cheap.

today, it would be shrugged off...maybe even banged into.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 22, 2015, 01:53 PM.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            I think 20 or more died from the gun fire? That video is a few years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post

I think 20 or more died from the gun fire? That video is a few years old.
              I just found the channel, they must be borrowing other peoples stuff.
              I am finding a lot of the A10, people trying to defend it...other stuff shows up instead.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• from far east to germany.

my dad hauled containers for some years. New jersey, new york, boston. We used to pull right up next to these giants sometimes. They'd drop a container onto the tandem. They had to do all the work for insurance. A lot of wait times.
                Just finding the container if the ship was offloaded... took a long time in a big yard. Looking for a number in a haystack.
                Biggest movers in the world.
                the engine rumbled the pier... like a big barrel drum.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

• old low bypass shreaker.
                  still incredible.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

• finally, a pro took on the northern lights.
                    moosehead lake is not far from me.
                    taylor photography.

ISO 1600, is the tell all that there is no tricks.. regular camera taking intervals of every 3 seconds.
                    june 22, 2015
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 29, 2015, 10:35 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Miffed at being overtaken by a lesser machine cyclist decides to catch up and overtake,
                      ignoring what is behind him.

Last edited by malc; July 2, 2015, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• Gawd awful wheels.

Comment

• some fancy driving

I have a relative, his life before ill left off as a captain.
                          We found he does not have long per doctors prognosis.

His last project is a 32 foot cruiser with two 318 dodge, we are opting to pay for the last rides. Gonna have to learn how to drive. I looked over the engines, checked plugs, set timing on one. Lovely sound, the two of them running.
                          I was at the helm of his 40 something foot lobster boat, novy hull pulling into bar harbor when I was 15. 1988 or so. For a time, I thought that would be my career, working with my uncle.
                          We did not expect the super star treatment we got.. never thinking of the tourists staring. Being a skinny 15 year old, it was uplifting, first real job at doing something. I never forgot that.

My uncle was much stronger then. The reel broke for pulling in traps one day, he reached over and pulled it up with his bare hands, hand over hand.. must have been 50 feet or more.
                          the peak of his career was a captain for 110 foot all steel fishers. 40 tons loaded pulling into cape cod someplace.

If his last wish was to be out to sea, I'll be proud to take the helm to respect it.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 7, 2015, 04:30 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• imagine making this documentary

A lot more power today. hit or miss back then, one at a time..
                            a large plane mishap is entire neighborhoods today.
                            Losing an engine was not much to ponder back then.

I can see why there is 90 something yr olds from this realm with a memory and a cadillac.
                            There is a ww2 pilot in my building. Still takes care of his own car.
                            Just a ground compression stall in the rain is a knockout today.
                            40000 feet and 550 mph. A leaky rivet is the speed of sound.

That modern V.A. is going to dishing out a lot of budget... holy crap.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 9, 2015, 08:44 AM.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I guess this is the phenomena that took out my granpda and great grandpa at the same time.
                              What got them was a 4th floor cave in... very fast. Air is the other half of fires monster, it will get it if it can.

if there is a gas in that draft. Damn. Big bomb. These guys were lucky.
                              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• American Nitro, The Saga of the Funny Cars

Last edited by malc; July 17, 2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X