Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Craft Anti Tour

Hey Everyone-

It's that time of the year again. Clear your calendars and join us May 6-8 for a scenic drive to Morro Bay, California, a place that is not as hot as Phoenix!

Here is a rough outline:

AntiTour 2011
    May 6 & 7

Destination:
    Cruisin' Morro Bay

Main Street and Morro Bay Boulevard
    Morro Bay, California 93442

Itinerary
    Friday May 6
    9:30 Meet at Turbonetics

Turbonetics Inc.
    2255 Agate Court
    Simi Valley, California 93065

10:00 Turbonetics shop tour
    11:00 leave Simi Valley for Morro Bay

Drive Route:
    Detailed route will be available for all participants on May 6th at Turbonetics
    Please arrive at Turbonetics with your car fueled up!

118 freeway to
    Route 23 North to
    Route 126 West to Santa Paula
    North on Route 150 to Ojai. <Fuel stop- next leg is 130miles>
    North on Route 33 outside of Ojai
    West on Route 166 near Cuyama
    Food/photography stop in New Cuyama at the Burger Barn!
    Continue on Route 166 to US 101
    Exit to US 1/Cabrillo Highway in San Luis Obispo

Here's a link to the Google Map of our planned route:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2255+Agate+Court,+Simi+V alley,+CA+93065+(Turbonetics+Inc.)&daddr=34.28644,-118.88211+to:34.311495,-118.8795723+to:34.39618,-118.91775+to:34.44655,-119.211+to:34.55546,-119.26253+to:34.94636,-119.68313+to:35.02556,-120.263901+to:275+Morro+Bay+Boulevard+Morro+Bay,+C A+93442-2152&hl=en&geocode=FeUECwIdI4fr-CFSmLU9WReS0CmfKTIexy7ogDE-DsgKc643Nw%3BFWgrCwIdwgDq-CmPAn3DFzLogDHC_4o6Srk_5A%3BFUeNCwIdrArq-CnZlXAsYTLogDEB-sCa7khcgA%3BFRTYDAIdinXp-Cnh3Ip5UMzpgDFd-Zyv00yX3w%3BFdacDQIdCPzk-ClRJ_AqlrrpgDHYgqsBGwrr8A%3BFURGDwIdvjLk-CmVk49I6aLpgDHL4XrIY8klWA%3BFTg9FQIdxsfd-CkPrZy7T9vrgDH1mU-lXtH8Rg%3BFZhyFgIdI-vU-Ckx3vXK73PsgDELHpYrZFCkVw%3BFXikGwIdhvfL-CkdNsSCneHsgDHVAN34xHewYg&mra=dpe&mrsp=7&sz=12&via =1,2,3,4,5,6,7&sll=35.010877,-120.228539&sspn=0.22102,0.387955&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35 .373655,-120.853043&spn=0.220035,0.387955&z=12

-Feel free to take US101 to Morro Bay if you prefer freeway driving. We will be available to meet Friday night-

Cruisin' Morro Bay's Cruise Night is from 6-8 pm

Saturday May 7

Cruisin' Morro Bay Car Show is from 9am-4pm
    We will have an area sectioned off for us to park our cars.
    Information about Cruisin' Morro Bay can be found here:
    http://www.morrobaycarshow.org/.

Please note that the organizers have waived the entrance fee for our group- you do not need to fill out their registration form- but please RSVP in this thread so we can give them an accurate count.

Saturday night/Sunday morning
    Return home via US 101

We hope you can join us!
    John McGann

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
      I think I'll be able to make it.
      You are officially voluinteered to cover it for Bangshift. I will be tanning myself on a cruise in the mediterranian.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

If I still lived in Simi I'd be all over this (I moved in 1980).
        BTW 33-166 is flat out awesome,as long as there is no construction,road repair,slide clean up on 33 or 166.
        For you motorcycle types,33/166 was the "secrete road test" venue for Cycle(RIP),Motorcyclist and Cycle World back in 70-90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
          Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
          I think I'll be able to make it.
          You are officially voluinteered to cover it for Bangshift. I will be tanning myself on a cruise in the mediterranian.
          Ye sir be one luck man 8)

Comment

Ya'll ought to come to Cali for the Tour TC. After all we all went to Phoenix last year.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I've asked for the vacation days. I'll rsvp McGann when I see it approved.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nuts! I'm in Colorado that weekend

Comment

Vacation approved.

Comment

If you bring one of Buicks I bet we can figure out the trigger wheel deal. Brian is real smart about those kinds of things, I just copy him.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I talked to Jeff Smith on Friday and he told me it is May 6th and 7th as outlined above. I talked to my boss and have vacation time approved! Green Challenger is on deck for the ride.

Comment

Hey BS'rs it's a bit unusual for them to want RSVP's on the CC site, I suppose that's for the free car show entry. Never the less it'd be great to see how many of ya'll we get out for this one. Its always been a good time, even when stuff breaks.

I'd like to see the cars with BS stickers out number everybody else.

Comment

BILL! This would be too fun! I will start bugging Loren today! It would be awesome to go on a drive with you!
                          :-*
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I think they were over run a few years ago when we got into a Good Guys event free. More people showed up than anticipated I think.

Comment

The people running the car and the cruise friday night are asking for car numbers.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'll be at my twin brother's big 50th birthday bash. Oh well

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X