B&M Neon Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B&M Neon Camaro

Not much info on the car above basement level.
    I remember the car being mentioned, I think, in Hot Rod but never saw pics of it.
    Check this out,

http://www.bmracing.com/c.723089/bmr...ges/h_main.swf
    If the car does not show move time period to approx 1993.

Comment

I remember that Camaro..it was everywhere over here..It was in a lot of magazines.

Comment

Man, the name Jim Davis rings a bell. Did Rod Dunn introduce us yrs ago?
        STUGOTS

Comment

If you are associated with Big Willie that may be where you know my name from. If you recall an advertisement that was done back around 1969 with Big Willie promoting American Wheels, I was the guy whose ad agency prepared the ad. The headline of the ad said "Big Willie Says Buy American." I had a guy working for me at the time named Stan Goldstein who actually handled the photo shoot of Big Willie and the street racers. The name Rod Dunn sounds familiar but I can't place him.

Originally posted by groucho

Comment

Originally posted by jim davis
            If you are associated with Big Willie that may be where you know my name from. If you recall an advertisement that was done back around 1969 with Big Willie promoting American Wheels, I was the guy whose ad agency prepared the ad. The headline of the ad said "Big Willie Says Buy American." I had a guy working for me at the time named Stan Goldstein who actually handled the photo shoot of Big Willie and the street racers. The name Rod Dunn sounds familiar but I can't place him.

Originally posted by groucho
            Yrs ago, I believe Rod Dunn had the Real Don Steele fueler, and the Hollywood Squares fueler to name a couple. He quit driving to help Dixon Sr. I believe around the time Dixon got in the Cragar 5 second club. First, and maybe the only one to do it with a BBC. Rod moved on to Hydrogen Peroxide rocket cars, but had several setbacks along the way. Rod was involved with B&M in the 90's, building a pretty wild blue/red, candy/flake 64 Vette. But, was unable to fulfill his agreement to display the car with B&M @ SEMA. Ring any bells?
            STUGOTS

Comment

I remeber that car....I stilll dig the pink.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Not ringing any bells for me. I didn't move to CA until 1974 and was president of B&M from 1974 to 1991. So Rod's Corvette with B&M happened after I left. And the other stuff sounds like it might have preceded me being in CA.

[/quote]Yrs ago, I believe Rod Dunn had the Real Don Steele fueler, and the Hollywood Squares fueler to name a couple. He quit driving to help Dixon Sr. I believe around the time Dixon got in the Cragar 5 second club. First, and maybe the only one to do it with a BBC. Rod moved on to Hydrogen Peroxide rocket cars, but had several setbacks along the way. Rod was involved with B&M in the 90's, building a pretty wild blue/red, candy/flake 64 Vette. But, was unable to fulfill his agreement to display the car with B&M @ SEMA. Ring any bells?
                [/quote]

Comment

MAPLE GROVE , PA 1992

Comment

man this is a great read!!!!

Spidey..thnx for sharing the pics!
                    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I have photos of the purple paint at sema later in the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

MAPLE GROVE , PA 1992
                        I was 11 that summer. Maple Grove was mecca.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

me too

Comment

I do hope this can answer a few of the questions.
                            I was the one in 1994 that installed the BDS 8-71 and fuel injection. It was done next door to BDS at Harvs performance. The car was owned by none other than Larry Huff and his partner Billy.
                            I have exstensive pictures of the upgrade/project if anyone is interested. I drove the car daily while we did the EFI programming and was very very streetable. His 55 that he bought while I was doing the 32 and Camaro not so much, but WOW what a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyErv View Post
                              I have exstensive pictures of the upgrade/project if anyone is interested.
                              Thanks for chiming in and welcome to BS. I'm interested in looking at some of your project pics.

Comment

Be nice to see more stuff you have worked on..

Comment

Working...
                                X