Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the Fastest most powerful Blown street 57 Chevy? (Stock Body and chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the Fastest most powerful Blown street 57 Chevy? (Stock Body and chassis

Ok you bad to the bone Chevy guy's

Who has the fastest most powerful blown street 57 Chevy? post picture and 1/4 time. I am a Ford guy but I do like the 57 Chevys my favorate "Heartbeat Of America" car. I would like to see some of the builds and performance from the Big Beasts

Re: Who has the Fastest most powerful Blown street 57 Chevy?

The Stan Shaw/Tony Christian '57 that used to run in the '90s? ???
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
        x2
        "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Tony Christian

Yes he does have the fastest Pro Street/Pro Mod but not real 57 Chevy meaning body and frame no tube chassis. Anyone in this club have a blown 57 Chevy?

Comment

Re: Who has the Fastest most powerful Blown street 57 Chevy? (Stock Body and chassis

john scialpi's "whoppadoo" 57...ran 200 mph upwards of 20 yrs ago...stock body..blown BBC...
            "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Re: Who has the Fastest most powerful Blown street 57 Chevy? (Stock Body and chassis

those are all fiberglass pro mods

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                those are all fiberglass pro mods

nope...the FIRST original version he had...was steel...
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Way back, oh 25 years ago or so, there was a 57 called "Black Death" owned by a local Super Stock racer named Ron Filkins. I used to see it at OCIR occasionally. I don't know how fast it ran, they never would announce the times, but I suspect it ran low 9's. All steel, no scoop on the hood, wheels in the air badness......

Comment

Originally posted by nosnerd
                    john scialpi's "whoppadoo" 57...ran 200 mph upwards of 20 yrs ago...stock body..blown BBC...

John Scialpi I know him real well, his 57 Chevy was all steel with original frame but modified he had a glass deck lid and front end and rear bumper. He ran in the 1980's in the low-mid 8's at 175-185mph when he updated to tube chassis and glass doors he went into the 6's and 200mph range. I seen the car evolve over the years when him and Wayne Torkelson where match racing

I just wonder today who has the real all steel 57 Chevy with original frameblown supercharged? I seen Scialpi get way out of shape trying to control the heavy car when it was steel he is one great driver

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                      Anyone remember Gerry Morland with the same 57 body funny car with the Maggee quad cam powerd on Alcohol it was all black? He ran at Fremont once and Sacramento never seen it again. It came out the same time that Tom's 57 AA/FC did both bodys where made off the same mold

Comment

thats a good ??? !!! but the narrow tire (10.5) thing
                        came after all the cut up 80's 57 chevys so I bet it would
                        still be tubbed or back halfed. this may be hard to find
                        maybe on yellow bullet?? but they are grouchy over there
                        and I dont have an account or Brian might know
                        he knows alot of race car history and stuff!!!!!!!!!
                        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Kansas City International Raceway Fastest Street Car Shootout 1994 Part I of II.

Check out the yellow '57 at 4:15 on the video. I realize it isn't blown, but it didn't need to be. This car belonged to a guy in Topeka, KS named Pat Teaford. This was a heavily street-driven car and was in no way a trailer queen, but one night on the way back from the racetrack, Pat rolled the truck and trailer with the '57 on the back off the side of the highway. I don't know where the car went after that, but I do know that when he had it on the street, there wasn't anything in the late 80's or early 90's that could keep up with it in Topeka. Well... except maybe for a certain black Dickey Harrell Nova with a pissed off big block in it.

Lest ye thinks Topeka is a cakewalk town with a bunch of 1st round ducks, Larry Larson and Mike Crow both have roots here. This town has some evil, wicked, mean and nasty street cars. Just for reference, Crow's Cuda is at the 2:20 mark in the video and Larson's Nova is at the 1:55 mark. This was all in 1994!!!

Ron
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience
                            Way back, oh 25 years ago or so, there was a 57 called "Black Death" owned by a local Super Stock racer named Ron Filkins. I used to see it at OCIR occasionally. I don't know how fast it ran, they never would announce the times, but I suspect it ran low 9's. All steel, no scoop on the hood, wheels in the air badness......

at 0.33 on this vid you see a mag article on 57 called "Black Death"

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z

Here is Stan's car at one of the 1st fastest street car shootouts
                              before he built the evil twin that Tony bought off of him

1992 Hot Rod Magazine's Fastest Street Car Shootout. 45 mins of video crammed into 10mins of You Tube. If you get a chance to see the whole thing, I highly r...

Comment

Working...
                              X