This lady really loves her car ..540,000 miles in a 64 Comet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This lady really loves her car ..540,000 miles in a 64 Comet

This is an unusual love story involving an 89-year-old woman and her beloved Chariot. The two have been together for decades and traveled more than 540,000 miles across this nation’s highways and side streets. Read Full Story

great story ..Amazing lady
    sigpic

Re: This lady really loves her car ..540,000 miles in a 64 Comet

I would love to be able to have that kind of history with a car. There just isn't anything I would buy brand new that I think would last that long and be able to find parts for it. Everything these days is built with the purpose of being replaced with something else 10 years down the road.
    Well..... that..... and I just can't seem to leave anything alone long enough to rack up that many miles. :
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

letter sachs and sons on the door like jack chrisman

Comment

What a great ol' gal. Mom's 88 (soon to be 89) and not quite that self-sufficient - but almost. Sharp old folks are a real blessing in this world. Chat one up if you get the chance - just got off the phone with Mom. Mom's had her Chevy Celebrity for about 15 years or so - ever since I gave it to her. She keeps it up and drives, but sparingly.

Dan

Comment

Mom still daily drives her old vette, even through Chicago winters. She reminds me that I was the only one of her kids that got a seat (I was oldest), and little bro and sis rode in the hatch. I think you could get arrested if you did that now.

My dad is always complaining to me that he feels like he'll be making car payments for life, since something breaks on the car every month.
          Tampa, FL

Comment

What a remarkable woman!
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
            X