Retro Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Tires

So repro original looking tires are a thing, but big wide other tires don't seem to get much if any in the vintage tire market. I'm axing the 16.5s in favor of 16s on the C25, already ordered new rears, and I'm trying to go with 285/75/16 because the look and amount of rubber on the road is what I want, but I can't seem to find much in simpler tread look with blackwalls. Anybody know what is out there that will fit the 1970s look on my truck in that size?
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

That's a heckuva tall rear tire on a street truck. There's a lot of selection out there for 15" tires, but the size you're looking for is largely an off-roading tire size- 33 or 34 inch diameter depending on the tread pattern.

Comment

Just looks so good though. Click image for larger version

Name:	rear tire.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1164145
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

there are quite literally hundreds of tires in the size you are looking for.

the tire in your picture is mounted on a 10" wheel, 8" will have a different look.

have the tire shop mount them black out, and if you are concerned about seeing the letters on the inside ( always surprises me how many people worry about that) scrub the blue off the letters with warm water, let dry, and a couple of coats of cheap black paint hides the letters forever.

general grabber at2 has about the most "vintage" looking tread, but they are being replaced end of this year.

rots o ruck man
        Charles

Comment

Working...
        X