No announcement yet.

Richard Hammond Is Airlifted To Hospital After Flipping $2,548,562.77 Supercar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Hammond Is Airlifted To Hospital After Flipping $2,548,562.77 Supercar

He came out of a nasty wreck with a broken knee, the Rimac Concept One car burned to the ground......or roof.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ror-crash.html

hope he gets well.
    poor guy keeps getting crazy rides to drive.

electric throttle is somebodies programming...crazy.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Well, on the bright side he sounds better off than last one.

Comment

I think its pretty stupid when on their show they are flat out flying in these super cars..............no helmet . Hope he recovers soon . After all he really seems like he wishes he was and American , As the other two accuse him of with his cowboy boots , and love for mustangs and pick up trucks .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

What is it with so-called supercars and the fire thing? Do they just run fuel plumbing around like the Tijuana electric grid? I mean...evidence would suggest.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	supercar fires.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1162678

edit:

So I see that the car Hammond crashed (there is video now of him basically just missing the turn) was electric. ???
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Loren; June 11, 2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah , seems like it would be harder to judge speed .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Well what I'm wondering about is, how a simple incident such as missing a corner and striking a tree or landing on your roof or however, begins a chain of events that result in the destruction of the car after the fact, i.e. a guy crashes, when he's done doing that the car is bent up, sure, but intact...a minute later there is a huge fire and the vehicle or anybody still stuck within it is a goner. Put another way and with a question, we know that obviously the driver was responsible for what happened up until the car went over the rail and landed on it's lid, but is not the manufacturer in great part responsible for what happens after that?

Put fuel lines where they don't get damaged in a crash...arrange batteries and cables etc. in a manner they aren't pinched off or shorted out when the vehicle structure is getting smooshed into a ball. For a million bucks, can't they have an engineer who's imagining all that and planning for it when the designing's being done?

I'm sorta thinking at this point that typical supercar manufacturers aren't seeming to think that's their problem.

Comment

1,088 hp (811kw) electric car.. Kind of not too surprising it burned... Even the cheap ones burn.. There seems to be, in my opinion, a ways to go before electric cars are deemed "safe".
                Glad he is ok.. Still, like it has been mentioned, for a $1mil pricetag.... Somebody is not thinking!

Comment

I'm confused.. £2 million is 2,548,800 dollars
                  Other publications called it. $1 million car.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    I'm confused.. £2 million is 2,548,800 dollars
                    Other publications called it. $1 million car.
                    Right now it's worthless.

Comment

It's worth being a good lesson to others .aluminium bodies and tub frames are less of a fire hazzard than a plastic body and tube car............wait a minute, how come more corvettes don't catch on fire in a wreck .they must really have a problem of where the put lines and such .
                      Last edited by Dan Barlow; June 13, 2017, 04:36 AM.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Or maybe it's time to go back to a trans am !
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          It's worth being a good lesson to others .aluminium bodies and tube frames are less of a fire hazzard than a plastic body and tube car............wait a minute, how come more corvettes don't catch on fire in a wreck .they must really have a problem of where the put lines and such .
                          Batteries get breached, electricity shorts..Cable routing.. Gets pinched (shorted)

Probably reason why Corvettes do not burn is gas tends not to leak (breach) Not saying it doesn't happen

Thus I wonder if he had been driving a Vette or Lambo, would it still burn?

Comment

I'm wondering who gave the keys to a $2.6m prototype to a guy with brain damage ?

Comment

getting the pins this time.
                              tough break.

will he catch up to petty?
                              hmmm.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X