Project "Nothing Going on Here" Stealth Daily Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    I'm going to have to get back into that thread again . Any idea how far back that part was ? Without looking .
    I'd guess about half way back. When I did that I didn't know what the extra struts were but luckily the BSer (sorry - I can't remember who that was) who sent me the pedal set had sent the struts so all I had to do was figure them out. I also made a piece of 1/4" plate to reinforce the firewall - probably not necessary.

EDIT: I went surfin' the thread. Starts on Page 22, at least the way the page breaks work on my MAC.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; June 7, 2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I got my slave bolted up . I got the hole a little big but I'll probably just seal it with some roofing tar . I do have hill billy dna you know.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Hey Dan, I have alot of parts for these square bodies if your looking. I have a nice bench seat and a couple of sets of buckets. I also have a custom radiator for a v8 radiator for a manual.

Comment

I actually have three radiators . The one I always used was one for a C4 vette as recamended by the JTR swap manual . I really want this to appear like nothing is going on here. Even going to try to keep it quite and try to pass it off as a 4.3 truck . So , yeah I want to keep the bench seat . Besides everything else we have has buckets . That being said my seat is this worn out red or burgundy bench seen better days . What color is yours . I really want a burgundy one but open to black . I really want to stay bench but availability my kill me as I want a non head rest bench like what these sq bodies cam with so .......what do the buckets look like........color and such.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

well i dont think i can help you. mine is dark blue

Comment

Bummer .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Got the engine / trans installed tonight
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  I actually have three radiators . The one I always used was one for a C4 vette as recamended by the JTR swap manual . I really want this to appear like nothing is going on here. Even going to try to keep it quite and try to pass it off as a 4.3 truck . So , yeah I want to keep the bench seat . Besides everything else we have has buckets . That being said my seat is this worn out red or burgundy bench seen better days . What color is yours . I really want a burgundy one but open to black . I really want to stay bench but availability my kill me as I want a non head rest bench like what these sq bodies cam with so .......what do the buckets look like........color and such.
                  The replacement radiator at O'Reilly's for a 4.3 has a much thicker core than even the original 4.3 radiator...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Cool project Dan - some days I still miss my 351c-4v Ranger, it would have been a hoot on the street. This is going to be a fun one! what are the specs on the SBC?
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

And keep the pics coming! For those of us in the "semi-literate" category they're critical!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        Cool project Dan - some days I still miss my 351c-4v Ranger, it would have been a hoot on the street. This is going to be a fun one! what are the specs on the SBC?
                        It's a 77 3/4 ton truck motor that has 4 bolt mains and I had it rebuilt for my first S10 . Then when a better body came by it went imto the next S10 . Then an Elcomino . Somcr I got the T/A its been sitting in the garage . Its been longer than expected . About 14 yrs . I've periobically spirted oil down the plug holes and turned it with a rachet . It has 194 valve and a hydraulic version of the old 350 horse 350 . The builder said it was good for 300 horse with the 9 to 1 compression . It will run on ditch water 🤣
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Had to take the inner fenderwells out to get the headers fastened on . The brake brake lines from the frame to th master cylinder were in the way . Never had this problem before. Also had to cut the plastic saftey sleeve off the steering shaft as it snaked between some primary pipes and was a fire hazard . I'll just have to remember to keep limbs and digits away from this while driving down the road. Also could get the back header bolt tight till that well came out . These will go back it after these problems are worked thru. Now that the headers are in , there are some interferences like the clutch hydraulic line to the drivers header and the header to the firewall on yje passenger side .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

There is something wierd about this truck . Non of the other three had interference problems with the headers . I have the engine as far forward as the mounts will allow . Must of been I was content to run a 2" collector . If I could be happy with that at this stage in my life it would just have exhaust manifolds . And since this is mainly a way of getting rid of alot of parts in the garage , I'm using the headers but I am going to have to mod the floor . Its killing me to cut the foor for this on a Georgia truck but here it goes ! It's hot and humid here in Indy so I've taken a few measures
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X