Project "Nothing Going on Here" Stealth Daily Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project "Nothing Going on Here" Stealth Daily Driver

The S10 that I went to Atlanta to get has found a window of time in my life . I already had the headers but I went to a better set of engine mounts made by JTR that hook up to the 2.8 from mounts this truck came with . There are about 4 styles of mounts to put a SBC in a S10 / S15 but I think these are the best . They set yhe engine slightly to the passenger side for steering shaft clearance and allow you to set the engine about 1.5 inches further to the firewall and also put the engine in without a nose upness that could make the fan hit the shroud . Today I painted the swap mounts black to mack them disappear inspite of the fact bthat they are pretty . After that I took the seat out so as to make taking the steering column loose so as to be able to pull the boster and master loose from the firewall so to put the brakets and pedals for a stick shift as I havebe anle kept a 5spd from from a 4.3 truck Ive have for anout 10 years .I've also had to take the gages out of the dash to get that one bolt that you can't get out any other way . I haven't gotten the new pedals in yet but heres some pics . Next step after the pedals are in is cutting thr hole in the firewall for the hydraulic clutch"s master cylinder. One bummer , the flywheel for the 4.3 that I spent 35 bucks to refinish won't fit the 350 . The hole in the center is too small . Oh well .Later .
    Attached Files
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

nice
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Awesome ... love me some V8 S10 goodness !

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        I went to a better set of engine mounts made by JTR that hook up to the 2.8 from mounts this truck came with.
        Those are the mounts I'm using. Great quality and adjustability.

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        The flywheel for the 4.3 that I spent 35 bucks to refinish won't fit the 350. The hole in the center is too small.
        I coulda told you that. The 350 flywheel literally weights about twice as much as a 4.3 flywheel.. I have both...

Comment

Glad to see you had some time to work on something for Dan! Why is this not in the project car forum?
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
            Glad to see you had some time to work on something for Dan! Why is this not in the project car forum?
            Because he got Peeweeized!

Comment

GO Dan, GO!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I wonder of the big hole, little hole, tells you what version of the nv3500...not just the engine.

I learned to find the "big ends" nv3500 for the v8... easier to remember.
                being a light truck, power could be the only kill. whatever the version.

have fun.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Have been told by transmission expert that the problem transmission for a V8 is a 4 cylinder T5 from the early versions... the NV3500 is a good everyday transmission... some differences in gearing between V8 and V6 models,,,but same torque rating... The 4 cylinder versions got a NV2500 that was not acceptable....
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    I don't plan on getting attached .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I accidentally put a junkyard reference photo in in place of my truck . Hey it was a red firewall ! Its the next to the last of the previous photos . If you'll notice there is that small hole to the right of the steering colume hole . Thats'for the push rod for the hydraulic clutche . And since my truck was and auto it is missing that hole as well as the mounting holes for it and the two brace struts .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That was last nights project after Igot the brackets and pedals in . Pics will be loaded around my lunch time .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Looks just like the operation I did on Mutt! Works perfectly even with a Mercedes slave.

Dan

Comment

I'm going to have to get back into that thread again . Any idea how far back that part was ? Without looking .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X