Too ugly to be cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too ugly to be cool?

I saw the first one of these about a year ago and expected to see "Checker Marathon" because it looks like a modern version of the old taxi cab. I'ts actually a VPG MV-1 built by AM General in Indiana who have been building everything from postal Jeeps to Hum-V's for ever. Full frame rear-wheel drive and available with a Ford 3.7 V6 or the 4.6 mod-motor I'm surprised I haven't seen a hopped up one yet.

Since ugly is the new cool, Ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	VPG MV-1.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	1160231
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

What in the hell it's FUGLY!

Comment

Looks like a modern English taxi alright.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Comment

looks postal.
          My rural place has a rotten dodge and a square something

scion?

looks a lot like that photo. they must like it. Squares for square boxes. lots of doors.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I like it!
            So ugly, it's cuuute! Lol

Comment

Looks like they had a body all ready but found a chassis with too long a wheel base but stuck the two together anyhow. No, thanks......

Dan

Comment

It's another Dilbert car, if Dilbert drove a car. Like the Scion, or worse yet, the Cube. One of my coworkers had been out to lunch with some vendors and I caught him in the parking lot climbing out of a Cube. I went over to him and said, "What does it feel like to be climbing out of the ugliest car ever made?" He blushed, he looked at it he said....."Well...." That's all he said.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

These things are ugly . Even if they are made here. They are basically made for handicap folks . They have a really low side entry . Really surprised they are rear drive as I figuered thats how thw tje floor was kept so low . It looks sort of HHR-ish but not as good by a long shoot . Rear drive and a mod motor V8 , I could buy one but never new . Ever ......never ........no .....no .....
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

ugly to be cool.

Name:	watermarked_DSC_0220.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	1160315

Name:	watermarked_int_11.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	1160317 Click image for larger version

Name:	watermarked_int_4.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	1160316
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It need smaller wheel well openings and larger wheels/tires..

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                        It need smaller wheel well openings and larger wheels/tires..
                        Oh it needs a lot, it needs to be a different vehicle. But to Gary's point, put a humongous engine in the MIDDLE of that thing and drag race it, that would be good for giggles at least. Yes, it would.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Oh it needs a lot, it needs to be a different vehicle.
                          ​Priceless
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Be funny as hell if one with Pdub's suspension mods passes him at AMP. .

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Be funny as hell if one with Pdub's suspension mods passes him at AMP. .
                              Do you mean like, I'm hammering a curve, and a brand new spring passes me? HAHAhahHAHAHH!!!!!!!! I wouldn't doubt it....HAHAHAHAAHH!

Comment

Working...
                              X