Question: 60 Foot Time, Impact On ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: 60 Foot Time, Impact On ET

My car averages mid to high 1.7's in the 60 feet. Still working on lowering them not this is not the topic of this post.

Let's say it takes 1.46 60 ft, 5.35 330, 6.81 in the 1/8 and finally [email protected]

Just to make things simple, if I run 1.76 60 ft that is 3 tenths slower. Typically at the end of the 1/4 mile, that would be 6-9 tenths slower ET. So even if I ran the same trap speed (123.50) my ET would actually between 11.35 and 11.65.

So to run 10.75 I would have to generate more power or a combination of less weight and more power to the tune of 6 tenths to 9 tenths. Put another way between 60 whp and 90 whp.

Is this correct?

It takes around 400 whp @3200 lbs to run a trap speed of 115-116 mph with my platform. 450 whp would put me 120-121 mph and so on. But to run 10.75 with my average 60 ft time I would need 60-90 whp on top of what it would take to run 123 mph which works out to around 460-470 whp. On the low side that would be 520 whp up to 560 whp which would necessitate upgrading the engine internals, among other things.

Thanks

Most people look at it as trap speed is pure horsepower to weight. Sixty foot time is nearly pure HOOK. ET requires both. If your car launches hard it still needs power on the top end. If your car has a ton of power it still needs to hook. It is the COMBINATION.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

the time from 1/8th to quarter.. seems large.
      automatic having a bad day or something.

a 90hp subaru can launch 1.6 on the 60 foot time... 17second quarters.

not sure what that focus is. Diesels make good use of it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
        not sure what that focus is.
        The focus (no pun) is generating enough power without causing a slew of traction problems, having to upgrade the engine internals or the fuel system too much.

ET Goal is whatever will get me into the Top 32 for Street Machine Eliminator @ Drag Week.

Trap Speed just ensures I get there

According to my calculations the weight of the car impacts the most. The limit of the fuel system is around 400 whp, while the limit of the internals is about 500 whp

At just under 3250 lbs with me in the car, 500 whp equals 126.74 mph. My most accounts for a FWD to run say 10.9x min trap speed is about 128 mph. The truth is I might be able to run just enough nitrous to get me over the top, this is the goal anyway.

Comment

Yes, better to work off of MPH than 60 ft., particularly with front wheel drive where weight transfer works against you.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
          X