I found my Unicorn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found my Unicorn!

1964 Buick Skylark, Special. No glass top!!! - I'll start a project thread later - but I'm basking in the new car smell....

this space will be filled soon

plans is put the 455 from the 70 in it along with a turbo 400. dream is a GNX motor or that turbo-flat-crank that I was talking about with a 215 Rover block.... the outside gets paint, the inside gets an indian blanket and rubber mats. The rust is only on the very lower corners of the quarter panels (that's it). Stock hub caps....

oh, did I mention I paid $300 for it? I caught the seller as he was checking brake lights to leave. I convinced him to follow me to my house with it on his trailer. I'm sure Al will be thrilled and Dan Stokes may have a stroke....

I also forgot - the rear end has been rebuilt with 4.10 gears and a posi... has drag-legal studs....

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Sweet!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I may have an organism! That should make a great little car.

Dan

Comment

Awesome longroof project .. 455 with a turbo 400, 4.10 gears and a posi ?

Comment

Gonna be a great project
          Son has a 65 Skylark with 455-turbo 400, 12 bolt rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            Awesome longroof project .. 455 with a turbo 400, 4.10 gears and a posi ?

Yes, those highway gears in that heavy old wagon 0-60 will be awesome..... of course 60 will be max too.....

Comment

there is an evil part of me that is considering the Fiat motor for this with the 6 speed manual....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                there is an evil part of me that is considering the Fiat motor for this with the 6 speed manual....
                Hopping on the "modernizing bandwagon".

Comment

The original thought when I had BigAl looking at a 65 was use the turbo motor in it... then use a 'simple' Buick motor in the sledanette (like the 455 or a straight 8)... so I dunno, it's not going to be in the near future that I touch this, but the deal was so good I simply couldn't pass it up (no matter how mad my wife is going to be - fortunately, she won't be home for a week so I can blame not being supervised).... and hopefully by then the herd will be thinned enough that it fits within the agreed-to-number of cars......

Comment

Pure awesomeness 🤗
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I thought this was at the Monroe swap meet?

Comment

I love it!

..... and hopefully by then the herd will be thinned enough that it fits within the agreed-to-number of cars......
                        I thought you were a better lawyer than that, never agree on a number. It's the number you have plus one
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

This is really cool . While I really am a v8 guy , if your talking about a cadillac v6 and a manual that I'm thinking was going to go in a fiat........ well , yeah ! That would make for a really cool driver .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                            I thought this was at the Monroe swap meet?

it was

Comment

that it fits within the agreed-to-number of cars......
                              Ack! That sounds like medieval torture of some sort.

I'm super jealous, that unicorn was definitely worth the chase. If you need some wierd little bits, let me know. Parting out my '66 Special is looking more and more likely.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X