No announcement yet.

Done with the spam bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some things make me think he's speedy or one of the other 5 names he has gone by . Then there are the obvious miss spellings that you'd only make if english wasn't your first language .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I think it comes down to there isn't any money on this side of the website . Otherwise the owners would be over here more than once a year . I'm not throwing stones business is business . Put your efforts to what keeps body and soul togethere . But I think eventually this side is going to die . I think there are only about 10 regulars here now . And for as much as I would like to start a new thread , I really don't have that much interesting thing pop in my head to share . And it looks like everone else is about in the same boat as me . I'm going to ride this out as long as the boat still floats but , eventually this boat won't float . I think the death of this side of the site is being brought on by facebook . Basically the facebook page IS the blog page and that must be where the money is .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Well I don't do Facebook, so women and children first! Always liked some violin/fiddle music.
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          I think it comes down to there isn't any money on this side of the website . Otherwise the owners would be over here more than once a year . I'm not throwing stones business is business . Put your efforts to what keeps body and soul togethere . But I think eventually this side is going to die . I think there are only about 10 regulars here now . And for as much as I would like to start a new thread , I really don't have that much interesting thing pop in my head to share . And it looks like everone else is about in the same boat as me . I'm going to ride this out as long as the boat still floats but , eventually this boat won't float . I think the death of this side of the site is being brought on by facebook . Basically the facebook page IS the blog page and that must be where the money is .
          Somebody needs a nap.......
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Well...........RJR...........even you were gone long enough I figured that was "it"...

Speedy only went by a couple names to get past banning and was actually a pretty good writer (and speller) when he could manage to not just be going after somebody with a bunch of criticism and mocking. I believe Dan is probably thinking of that other guy with his, uh, thing, but that's neither here nor there. I hate to think the place is after all this time really being abandoned for facebook but ...?... Posting what you had for lunch and where on the patio you're sitting must have it's draw. Lately my better half who is on it often has been seeing very old friendships shatter over issues that never used to come up but now are a part of the normal facebook noise, I'm not feeling like I'm missing much but who knows. The whole SmartPhone deal has made it second nature for people to be glancing there almost continuously.

Comment

• Blame Facebook for getting me back. I might have stayed gone without it. As for where the money is there are ads on both ends of this screen and advertising keys off page views. I see this forum as a tightly budgeted project car. Sometimes they appear neglected, but never in the mind of the owner. This place ran on a whole lotta magic, unicorns and pixie dust back in the Early days. I was I was here then. You never knew WHO was reading and then there would be a post from one or another icon in the industry. I hope those days aren't completely gone, but even as so many project cars have had multiple paint jobs baked off by the sun without being driven they STILL got done finally. This one will too. I hate seeing anger on these things because people stomp off and it just looks childish. Sure Spam is bad but as all bad things this too shall pass.....

Comment

• I came here because of Keith Turk and land speed racing. Now Keith is gone, and the LSR section might as well not exist.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• Originally posted by studemax View Post

This kind of bullshit usually precedes the death of a website.
                  Bail out now.
                  So, you go first Mister Stude. With that statement above, what is it you are trying to accomplish? At work we usually fire folks who are trying to rally the troops to quit while they themselves have not quit yet. So, if that's your advice for others, why are YOU still here? So QUIT. By all means, please DO. PLEASE DO.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• EVERYBODY! Stop using the recent post and todays posts options and CHILL please. I only read the threads I find interesting OR when people I find simpatico post to them. If I read every new post I'd be grumpy too. On the same note I can't believe you guys haven't told me to piss off with some of the zero response threads I have started or too personal stuff I add to others. End of rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by studemax View Post
                      I came here because of Keith Turk and land speed racing. Now Keith is gone, and the LSR section might as well not exist.
                      So click on something else without causing decent real-life folks a lot of grief and trying to stir up your imaginary internet folks who have actually met each other and have already had a lot of fun, heaps of fun together?

EDIT: In person.
                      Last edited by pdub; May 22, 2017, 02:48 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• A new welcome mat is at the front door, so let's see if it helps.

Comment

• Just flagged another spam post by "dgvfdvd".

Comment

• ......and another.

Comment

• EDIT: In person.
                              Man, you really wanna polish my ass.... don't ya, P?

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

• ...another....new spammer "mirossor".

Comment

Working...
                                X