• Show
Clear All

• That's fantastic Peewee !!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• So?? Now down to 2X shop rate?
      Well done, my friend!
      Sub frame connectors next before you wrinkle the roof?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Sub frame connectors next before you wrinkle the roof?
        The unibody thing....To do the suspension job with Red jacked up high, SM brought over his floor jack and he and I jacked up both sides of the front end together, him on one side and me on the other side. Brilliant, thank you SM. It saved me multiple trips scurrying around and round the front, jacking a little, raising the stand, other side, etc. One time doing that I made too big of a move on one side and went around and found the other side just hanging there, nothing supporting it. That can't be good for it.

So we got Red up high real quick on our undescribably unlevel garage floor and when I went to remove the aftermarket strut crossmember brace, got it all but loose on one side it went POW and that end of it popped up a couple inches. We had it jacked up crooked by some amount. It's hard to see that in our garage, sorta like Mystery Hill in North Carolina. So that crossmember IS doing something, visual evidence of it.

And that keeper that came on one of the struts but not both of them, one strut mashed in with a keeper on it when it came out of the box? That had nothing whatsoever to do with the job. I'm sure now they did that one strut that way so it would all fit into the box it shipped in. They ran out of room.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Been thinking about getting one of those strut tower braces for the Camaro, that makes me think a little more! Also dropping it an inch, Diane's Camaro has aftermarket springs on it and it dropped an inch. One these days I want to do some track days with you, maybe enough times so they'll let me run with ya!

Comment

• Strut tower braces front and back of the bullet... Definitely stiffened her up! Chrome moly ones from zzp...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Car looks great. You should see some good improvement in handling the next time out.
              CHECK US OUT AT:
              www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post
                Car looks great. You should see some good improvement in handling the next time out.
                Thanks Ryan, I feel bad now about getting the parts from somewhere else, someone other than you. I was just in the mode...I want parts NOW and I didn't hear back from you in an insanely too-much-of-a-hurry mood. I apologize Man, my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                  One these days I want to do some track days with you, maybe enough times so they'll let me run with ya!
                  PM sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

Thanks Ryan, I feel bad now about getting the parts from somewhere else, someone other than you. I was just in the mode...I want parts NOW and I didn't hear back from you in an insanely too-much-of-a-hurry mood. I apologize Man, my bad.

There is absolutely no need to apologize at all. I can completely understand wanting to go fast now. I also realize we arent the only suspension company out there. Regardless I am always willing to help with questions weather or not you are running my suspension or someone else.
                    CHECK US OUT AT:
                    www.ridetech.com

Comment

• I don't think we'll go back to Daytona. That was a one and done deal, and gosh that was so much fun. Too much money for track fees and too far away and too much time off of work to get there and back. Been there done that, it was a nice vacation and mighty happy about it. I'd do that every day of the week if we lived across the street from the track, I'd do it until we ran out of money to eat with. It's that much fun.

But the Corvettes....there were slews of them, all of the drivers having as much fun as I was for sure, that's what it's all about. Perry, don't look at this, you are excluded from this. Look at how well those weekend warriors can drive with more horsepower than they know how to handle. I already posted the video of the Corvette spinning out behind me, soon after we left the pits. He wanted it all, and he wanted it THEN. So, go ahead. He disappeared.

Here's two more, on the same lap this time, about 30 seconds part from my spot in the running. The black one and the red one, they both blew Red's doors off like no tomorrow. Man, were they ever hauling ass. They WERE. I was impressed. Off of the Big Track into the infield road course, the black one bit the dust.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette 1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	1161521
                      And then there was the red one, again, this is all on the same lap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette 2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	1161522
                      Just to chastise SBG, the "circled problem" drove away.

Comment

• Yeah I used to see that in drag racing. They built a track close to us and overnight there were experts throwing money trying to be the fastest, problem was experience or should I say lack of! Motor and transmissions scattered regularly. I'm talking BIG MONEY, and knowing where they worked.....it was ego and somebody at home was doing without. To each his on I guess, there are priorities in life but blowing Red's or anybody else's door's off ain't one of them. Hot rodders just wanta have fun!!
                        Not to say I don't want to win!😁
                        Last edited by corvettedad; June 3, 2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X