No announcement yet.

Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang in there Buddy - we're all pullin' for you.

I know you're fibbing about the horse doc as he would have put you on bute.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I know you're fibbing about the horse doc ...

Dan
      Not by much, not back then, not in that town.

I did this to myself this time, going back out there Sunday, already hollering OW. I made it much worse. If I hadn't gone back out there on Sunday like a real idiot, I could probably be wrenchin' on it today. Now it's gonna take some MORE time. And pills and waiting and hoping.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        The horse doc would have put you on bute.
        No, a horse doc would have put him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

No, a horse doc would have put him down.
          Or that.....

Dan

Comment

• Made myself go out there after work. Someday I've got to get to moving around, hurty or not. I surprised me, started dripping and pouring sweat before I started hurting anymore. Good time to STOP and see if i can do anything tomorrow on it.

Two more smoking holes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000898.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	673.5 KB
ID:	1159107
            Let and right. Or is that right and left?

Name:	P1000899.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	661.0 KB
ID:	1159108

Comment

• You go Peewee! Heck I might need to come to your shop so maybe I can get something done!
              Oh you also have a prettier floor jack!
              Last edited by corvettedad; May 19, 2017, 03:37 PM.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• That front stabilizer bar in the Roush kit is about 2.5 times beefier and heavier than the stock one. SM came over and swiped my rolling stool and camped in a wheel well for a moment or two. He said, "That stuff sure does look purdy in there." Lousy photo though.

Name:	P1000900.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	608.0 KB
ID:	1159219
                Done. One inch lower, 2 miles stiffer. Still rides great and handles a hairpin curve like a paddle kart, tires squalling. Yep it sure does, a pole-winning test ride. Win. Grins. Now, where's the track? Are we there yet?

Name:	P1000901.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	630.5 KB
ID:	1159220

Comment

• We all knew you had it in ya! Congratulations!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Wait a darn minute! This was supposed to take at least a month or two and involve throwing wrenches thru the shop wall. And it only took a couple of weeks and that's with time out for healing your bod. So what's going on??!! Are you getting all competent on us?

(Glad that it's done and that it makes a difference.)

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; May 20, 2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Time for the alignment shop?
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Red Car, Blue Suspension..... So the headers will be white?
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Re: AMP - This One Is Gonna Be Different

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]April 5th, 2017, 07:12 PM[/COLOR]

In Dawsonville, after the track runs, the sun was going down, we're out there in the smoking area outside the motel, I was looking at Red from behind. Maybe it was just the way the sun was hitting it, Red was parked about 50 or 60 yards away from that vantage point. Red was parked back end toward us in the parking lot.

Where Red was parked in the motel parking lot, I could take two steps this way, two steps that way, and look straight down both sides of the car. It looked to me, I kept doing it... Two steps this way two steps that way, staring at the car.....Unit finally noticed me doing that there outside in the smoking area...it looked to me that from that angle and distance, the rear axle is not even centered underneath the car. It looked like there was tire sticking out maybe 1/8 inch on the driver side side and sucked in on the passenger side, that's what it was looking like after substantial beer, mind you.

Since we got home I haven't measured that for proof. This week they're working me like a tool at work, I'll have next week off. I'll climb into it and try to resolve the issue or at least understand it, whatever it is. It's a shame, when I get home from work during a week like this one, I don't even feel like wrenching. Not even on Red.

How's the rear end for being centered now? An adjustable panhard bar is available if needed...
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            [FONT=inherit] [h=2]

How's the rear end for being centered now? An adjustable panhard bar is available if needed...
                            Upon inspection, Red's back axle was square then and it still is now. That Roush kit is well engineered. I didn't get the adjustable panhard bar or any of the fancy caster/camber parts, so a basic front end alignment is definitely in order at this point before much driving.

Comment

• good to hear that!
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Nice!
                                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                                79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X