No announcement yet.

Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted Roush, and they confirmed they do NOT supply a install manual, as the install for this kit is the same as OE. Does this sound right to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
      I contacted Roush, and they confirmed they do NOT supply a install manual, as the install for this kit is the same as OE. Does this sound right to you guys?

This is accurate. Installation is exactly the same as the OE suspension parts.
      CHECK US OUT AT:
      www.ridetech.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Ryan - I'm not familiar with the newer 'Stangs but do these guys need the adjustable caster/camber system like my '88? If so, this is for sure the time to swap them.

Dan

It definitely wouldnt hurt, especially if you wanted to modify your alignment for the track. To reference one of your earlier posts Maximum Motorsports makes a nice Caster/Camber plate along with Whiteline Performance I believe.
        CHECK US OUT AT:
        www.ridetech.com

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post

Sue this should help. http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-f...uctions/a/379/
          CHECK US OUT AT:
          www.ridetech.com

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I wonder why they even bother with the sticker then?
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

IDK, waste of a sticker. I found one site that says "installation manual" but the link doesn't work. Glad pdub is doing this and not me, I am already overwhelmed.

Comment

Don't be overwhelmed Sue, we need someone to keep P-dub on track...
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

The CJ Pony Parts triptic looks pretty good - bet you'll wiz right thru this.

Dan

Comment

Okay, the body of the email from Roush, as Unit indicated, said that these are exact (but more better) factory replacement parts. My initial internal reaction to that was, "Well, if I didn't put the original factory parts on the start with, how the heck do I know how to remove and replace them?"

The last sentence in the Roush email was, "Please refer to the Ford Service procedure for installing new suspension components."

D'oh. Oh. We have that...the fat book Superman pointed to for me to get when we were doing the blower. Now let's see if I can see good enough to read about what's in there. Let's see.....Step 1: Put the car up onto a hoist....

EDIT: Oh, and I've proven that I have gained enough skill and experience "working on" Red to where I'm now all the way down to 3 days per hour. This is said to be a 4-hour task, so I fully expect it to take me 12 days, by that formula. That's okay, I'm alright with that. As long as we don't get hurt doing it, which I'm sure I will, based on trend data.

Last edited by pdub; May 11, 2017, 01:12 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We're poring through the skinny manual and the fat one, too. Meanwhile, Superman is just waving both hands outward while we're talking about it...."Phhhht, no big deal, we can do this." I hope he's right. He's done lots of stuff like this before.

Out of all the parts....I understand one of them, of which there are two of them, right/left, duplicate. The bumper pads on the rear. When the rear end bottoms out, the plastic/rubber pads, like little pyramids, they hit a supporting body part. I crawled underneath the car this afternoon, shinnied under there, just looking....no jacks...the part of the body support that the bumper pads hit....that one little spot is like polished paint, really clean.. Like new paint. The rest is road-dirty. So we've bottomed out the car a whole lot, 100% of it on race tracks. Not just driving downtown for sure. That's why we're doing this, but I don't know how.

Comment

Yes you do! Heck you put a blower with no real directions at all!! But like I said if you're not in a hurry the drive on lift is yours in three weeks! I'll even put clean sheets on the sofa sleeper, heck maybe even a pillow. If we can't do it in a day we need more BEER.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                            Yes you do! Heck you put a blower with no real directions at all!! But like I said if you're not in a hurry the drive on lift is yours in three weeks! I'll even put clean sheets on the sofa sleeper, heck maybe even a pillow. If we can't do it in a day we need more BEER.
                            Perry, I love you Man, you KNOW I do. I think the bolts start flying in this "garage" on Sunday or Monday. I can't stand seeing new parts lying in the floor. Plus, I love misery.

Comment

PW, you don't think most of us on here know HOW to do most of the stuff we do, do you??!! True, some of us know how to do some of what we take on but most of us are fakin' it 'till the job is done and then we learned something. You may be amazed to learn that I had never installed a Mercedes Diesel in an S-10 before and in fact this is the first engine swap I ever did without a kit from some source if a kit was needed (the Buick into the C10 was pretty much just a matter of getting the right set of mounts).

So yeah, you and SM can knock this out in a weekend - piece o' pie! Wish I lived closer. Please don't beat yourself until you've actually failed and your track record is that you come thru in the end.

Dan

Comment

... Dan, you da man!!! B4 you know it Red will be groovin'
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X