Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post

So, over here it'll be at least a month. I'm not joking. Fortunately we have time. We've got a 'credit" with PDE, we paid for Road Atlanta and didn't go. Dave Auer worked with us, just tell him which event we DO want to go to, and we're in. They're running AMP next weekend, but we can't go. Suspension or not. Work. Work responsibilities.

It's looking like AMP in September and Daytona in December. That's what we're dreaming and scheming, if we can make it happen.
    In my best James Earl Ray tone " If You build it, Red will go....faster"
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      In my best James Earl Ray tone " If You build it, Red will go....faster"
      It's up to the driver.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's up to the driver.
        Sue Unit?....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Sue Unit?....
          Unit goes 20 mph. Always. Everywhere. I think I should drive the car on the race track. For thrills, at least, we should have me behind the wheel. Not that I'm a whole lot faster, but I'm easily faster.

Comment

So, over here it'll be at least a month. I'm not joking. Fortunately we have time. We've got a 'credit" with PDE, we paid for Road Atlanta and didn't go. Dave Auer worked with us, just tell him which event we DO want to go to, and we're in. They're running AMP next weekend, but we can't go. Suspension or not. Work. Work responsibilities.

It's looking like AMP in September and Daytona in December. That's what we're dreaming and scheming, if we can make it happen.
            Well if we have that much time we might can work out a plan I thought you we're talking in the next couple of weeks!! But what did you buy? And if it works out we might can get supervisor Dave to drive over.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Well if we have that much time we might can work out a plan I thought you we're talking in the next couple of weeks!! But what did you buy? And if it works out we might can get supervisor Dave to drive over.
              Superman says we can do it. It's just another thing, tear the car apart and not be able to drive it for a while. Less so than the blower thing. I can't get enough time off of work to come over there and be stranded when we don't get it done on your schedule. I don't know what we're getting, don't know what it will take to put it all on.

Comment

1. You are getting a KIT

2. It takes blood, guts, sweat and swearing to get it installed

Got it? "should not" get stranded at PRP's pretty much straight forward remove-replace parts..

Comment

Headers, headers! I still have more header anecdotes. I've bought more than one set of "almost new, never installed" headers from kids who bought them, read the instructions, then fainted dead away. Things like "unbolt the left engine mount then jack up the engine 3-4 inches with a board on a floor jack under the oil pan". Again it was worse in the bad old days because manufacturers insisted on "equal length primaries" for "tuned performance". This meant EXTRA pipe wadded up under the car. Ford guys seeking an extra challenge liked "180 degree firing" headers where two pipes cross sides. What joy!
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; May 9, 2017, 06:58 PM.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Visual Aids

BBK long tubes headersBBK o/r XFRPP stingers cat backYouTube helped me find the sound i wanted, so hope this helps. I have gotten a lot of compliments about ...

When making a move to the BBK full-length headers, you’ll need to swap the mid-pipe for BBK’s off-road or catalytic x-pipe. Both x-pipes will bolt directly t...

See? It only takes 9 minutes!
                    Last edited by RockJustRock; May 9, 2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Headers are great, this new suspension is great, but if you really want to go fast.................TIRES! They are the only thing between you and the road and any race driving coach will tell you that the very first thing you need are good tires. If you really want to get to race car status, and since you now have a spare set of wheels, a set of Hoosier A1 slicks should do the trick, especially with the new suspension. BUT.........................then you will find out the unibody frame is not nearly strong enough to handle all the new found forces you are putting on it, so..........full roll cage, underbody stiffners, the list goes on and on. Of course, the great thing about a hobby like this is it will most likely last you for the rest of your life since you will now forever have a continuous upgrade list! AAAAHHHHH.........the joys of wanting to go faster!!!!!!

Comment

Oooohhhh..... Good Point! PDub LOVES to torque love nuts!

And spare wheels? Didn't SOMEBODY promise us a Donut and Burnout video a ways back? See what getting the neighbors involved gets ya?
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; May 9, 2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Good to hear from you, SM! And thanks for helping PW - I'd do it if not so geographically separated. He NEEDS a buddy like you but he IS willing to learn and is teachable.

Dan

Comment

PDub if you want to PM me your email address I can send over our instructions for your viewing pleasure. This might stir up some questions you may have that I can help with.
                            CHECK US OUT AT:
                            www.ridetech.com

Comment

As SM was saying, the unibody may need a little reinforcing... That's why I mentioned the tiger-cage...
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; May 10, 2017, 09:50 AM.
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

So? Sub frame connectors aren't a possibility?

Comment

Working...
                                X