Sigh..... You Guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh..... You Guys!

I'm still around computing from the edge of a bed. Not into serial blathering on in this position. I always felt that BS Forums were mostly for REAL hobbyists and General Discussion for what we used to call "Bench Racers" or now call "Keyboard Warriors". On the rare occasion I pop in here I just use the search box to see what if people are talking about what I'm interested in. Today I searched "Demon" and all that comes back is admin, admin, admin. I mean that car is Bangshifty as ANYTHING ever. It is tantamount to the ground opening up and swallowing up anything close to it in concept (or a few vintage Corvettes}. Don't you guys have any opinions, thoughts, feelings or fantasies about this new car that goes a full second quicker in the quarter than anything before it? My back is starting to cramp up, but c'mon guys! Give me a reason to seek out more BS than I get from the Facebook feed....
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

The Demon is obviously a badass car in a straight line. Mash the gas and hold it, that takes no talent. That one, and the production Dodge before that one...what was it called?

The badass Dodge cars don't do well at all on road courses, they are not designed for that. Straight.....mash it and hold it down.

I like curves and brakes. Driving the car. AND acceleration. Just saying.
    Last edited by pdub; April 25, 2017, 05:12 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

i believe a side by side should be in order... demon, hellcat, camaro gt4r, mustang gt 350 r, viper, gt 500, zl1, zr1, z28, ford gt , and the tesla...50 laps at AMP... DETAILED SPECS LET THE CARS SORT IT OUT...don't forget pricing and insurance quotes,,,
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Welcome back Rock..

Comment

Heyya, uh...... How do I start a new topic?? I tried the help section which wasnt exactly very helpful!!

Comment

Originally posted by 60s-to-80s_fan_Daniel View Post
            Heyya, uh...... How do I start a new topic?? I tried the help section which wasnt exactly very helpful!!
            Back up to the listing of topics, there is a thingamabob that says "NEW TOPIC"
            might need to post a few before it works..

Comment

I am liking the demon.

could be the smartest brutal dodge they ever made.

just found this clip a few minutes ago:

there is aone hanging out at Hot Rod already.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Well.... that's a start. Nobody has said how badly, if at all the Demon and Hellcat suspensions are boogered up for drag racing. The Demon's drag radials for sure wouldn't cut it. Still I'm just agog at some of the sidelights of the thing like how they prepped the stage at the intro for a burnout and a wheels up launch. Amazing! Back to the road course vs. drag thing I am into the machinery and roundy stuff is almost ALL driver to me. Like discussing what kind of sneaker will win a foot race or what kind of speedo lets you swim fastest. It's an area for hero drivers, not hero cars. Plus you CAN'T bench race your driving skill, not allowed. Some friends of mine were short track stock car guys. I thought I was burning up corners with my '75 Monza but the younger brother took it out and pushed it so hard the wheelcovers flew off. I went out and stepped up my game but after spinning it a few times went back to the straight line. Those guys could take out their home built stocker and flat smoke high dollar shop built stuff. Drivers.

Comment

And for the record.... Boogering up a perfectly fine brand new car for a drag racing e.t. is nothing new......Click image for larger version

Name:	1968-SS-427-Biscayne-Ad.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1155448

Comment

sure does gain some past.

the big win today is idling off at the end of the ride, like that demon does.

I love it.

My only hot rods were the high comp mobile home park shakers.
                    I am for the new stuff, as much as the old.

the new stuff will get lots more miles...
                    speaking of drivers.
                    That should make a few go further.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      The Demon is obviously a badass car in a straight line. Mash the gas and hold it, that takes no talent. That one, and the production Dodge before that one...what was it called?

The badass Dodge cars don't do well at all on road courses, they are not designed for that. Straight.....mash it and hold it down.

I like curves and brakes. Driving the car. AND acceleration. Just saying.
                      Uh Peewee take Red for a dead stop hard straight line run banging the gear's at upper rpm!
                      Sometimes it ain't so easy to keep straight if you're making serious power!
                      Attached Files
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I've not alot to say about it . It's sort of like any other sky high priced car , it's neat but its at least $90,000 out of my range . Just like any other car of that price or more , I can't dream to attain it , so why think of it . And besides it really is just ridiculous. Last car (only car ) that I rode in that had 500 factory horses went backward up a tree at 60 mph .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Awwww..... C'mon. Just getting the thing past smog is nothing short of incredible. They do still require a durability run, right?

Comment

Plus consider the passage of time. I've owned not one but two Mercedes that windowed over $60K. I had to wait 25 YEARS to get my hands on them, but I did. One was even somewhat rare, a 500 SEC. Of course Demon production will be EXTREMELY limited, but what about ALL those Hellcats and other Hemis? Hell in 25 years I would like to get my hands on a V-6 Mustang, Camaro or Challenger. They are 13-14 second cars stock and after emission requirements expire in many states? Guys in their 80s still go fast. The good old days are here and getting better.

Comment

Working...
                            X