What to Do With a Turkey Fryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Do With a Turkey Fryer

When Vic and Terri came here to visit last Thanksgiving, we had two things going on here at Weeville. We had a box full of blower parts that Vic got to sort through. And we were also going to fry a turkey. It's a Southern thing. They'd never had fried turkey, and I think they liked it.

But it's such a mess to do. They make infrared dry fryers now, we're gonna get one of those, that's the next thing if we ever want fried turkey again.

Anyhow, the peanut oil is worth three times the cost of the pot. Gosh, it's a mess. Here's what you do months later to get it off of the porch, just to get it out of the way. A $25 fryer. And jugs full of gold. Amazing, the dumpster divers have not made off with the whole thing yet...probably NOBODY wants it... Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000860.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	679.0 KB
ID:	1153436

Last edited by pdub; April 10, 2017, 02:47 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

The oil will be valuable to the alternative fuel Diesel guys while the pot would make a great parts washer. Think "repurpose"!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      The oil will be valuable to the alternative fuel Diesel guys while the pot would make a great parts washer. Think "repurpose"!

Dan
      Think, "ain't got no room for anything." Too much stuff already.

Comment

In Cajun country that pot would be great for a crab boil or other tasty comestible.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          In Cajun country that pot would be great for a crab boil or other tasty comestible.
          It's not what it looks like. That pot....the whole rig, burner and pot and all, it was $25. The pot is about 2 percent less substantial than a beer can.

Comment

fry small end of connecting rods and put pins in freezer
            then hand assemble pistons/pins/conrods at home.
            ask me how i know it works....

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
              fry small end of connecting rods and put pins in freezer
              then hand assemble pistons/pins/conrods at home.
              ask me how i know it works....
              I'll bite....I'm in trouble already, so how do you know it works? HHAhhahahah!!!!

Comment

That didn't take long. Doorbell. Young bearded guy, two young bearded guys...."Are you actually throwing that turkey fryer away?"

Well, yeah, it's...

"Does it not WORK?" Yeah, it works, but it's...

"It's a pain in the ass, isn't it?" I said yeah it sure is, thanks for taking it. And away they went with it, walking. Have fun Brothers.

Comment

COOL...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    COOL...
                    That's the first time anybody ever asked PERMISSION to take something from out by the street. It's like, they couldn't believe it. Rang our door bell just to make sure. HAHAHHA!!!!! I hope they enjoy it. Now they have to get a turkey to go with it, much like the cold air intake, you have to get a tuner to go with that. So, how much about "free" is "free?" HHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! I love it, I just love it, and that pile of $25 turkey fryer crap is gone. Gone up the street to somewhere, and they were thrilled to get it, oil and all. HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

I think there's a song in this. That should be a song. It just might BE a song....

Comment

You'll know next thanksgiving which house has it . I'll be the one with the deck made of ash .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I have that exact same fryer. Last thing we did with it was boil some lobsters. Yummy.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                          I have that exact same fryer. Last thing we did with it was boil some lobsters. Yummy.
                          Fried some catfish and hushpuppies!!
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I like the gauge of the pan. I have a stainless one,thin walled.
                            uses less energy, cools down quicker..and stays sterile.

I would have grabbed it too, if to be driving by.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                              You'll know next thanksgiving which house has it . I'll be the one with the deck made of ash .
                              Fried the turkey out in the driveway. Playing with fire, it's always fun. Sitting around in lawn chairs watching it boil, that's the draw. That's the whole deal, that and eating it when it's done.

The next morning, there's the "hangover".....what do you do with the oil? Well, how about nothing at all? Move the whole pot and burner onto the porch and just leave it alone. Put the oil jugs outside somewhere until you finally put them under the house and ignore and forget about the whole thing again. Just do nothing with it, it's all too much of a mess.

As for the deck made of ash.....I took the deep stick thermometer off of it and wiped it off and set it the deck railing before I put the whole pile out by the street. Woops. I still have the thermometer. Those guys left with everything they need to fry a turkey. Except for the thermometer. The most important part. Yes, they WILL burn a house down if they don't get one. My bad. And now we don't even need the thermometer.

Comment

Working...
                              X