Bird Nest Anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Nest Anyway

When we had the Porch Pigeons make a nest on the front porch, we thwarted them the next year with the rotisserie basket from the Weber grill. Then I cooked one more batch of chicken wings with that basket and it was so f-ed up and messy that I just threw it away. Who wants to spend 4 hours scrubbing on something that costs 12 dollars? Impossible to clean anyhow.

The pigeons were eyeballing that spot on the porch again this year, scoping it out. No, no way, but what do we put up there? I know - a Beer Can Chicken Stand. That'll do it. So there it is. But smaller birds figured that it was an even more perfect spot for a nest. They built around it.

That's okay, the process is fun to watch. As long as it's not the pigeons.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000858.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	562.0 KB
ID:	1153259

Last edited by pdub; April 9, 2017, 06:35 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Your life is so boring, P. Why don't you go drive Red or something?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      Your life is so boring, P. Why don't you go drive Red or something?
      He could park Red in the driveway so the pigeons have something to poop on.
      Then he could take pics of Red with and without poop on it, and post about on Bangshift...

Comment

Yeah, it's boring alright, it really is. Sitting here with a busted brake caliper seal when we could have been been out racing tomorrow at Road Atlanta. It was scheduled, we were going. And we would have been there tomorrow.

Stude and Tardis, where do you guys race when you race? The real deal. Y'all have never said anything about racing, just sayin.

Comment

I've had time to think about this. Stude and Tardis can just _______, although I wouldn't enjoy the feeling. Neither of them have ever done a thing that we know of. Some of us have, but not those two.

Yes, I'm pissed off, but I was already pissed off to begin with. I'm venting. Stude and Tardis, __________ because I know y'all are hiding behind a computer screen and will never meet any of us in person to begin with. THERE. I feel better.
          Last edited by Monster; April 10, 2017, 05:26 AM. Reason: Name calling is not allowed ~ Monster

Comment

THAT'S all it took to make you feel better?
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm just busting your balls PW, jeez, pipe down.

I didn't know I had to impress anyone on the internet. I'm too busy working to have time for that..

And by the way I don't hide from anyone PW, I'll send you my address, you can stop by anytime.

Comment

Well, I'm pissed. I'm pissed off about a car, and bent out of shape because we won't be racing tomorrow. And all it takes is nothing to piss me off, and I should apologize for my behavior but I'm too mad to apologize. Dammit. A few days, I'll be okay. Until I start back to working on that car again and I get pissed off again.

Okay. I'm through ranting. I'm through ranting. It doesn't matter anyhow. I'm so mad I cant see, but my vision is coming back slowly. Dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                  Well, I'm pissed. I'm pissed off about a car, and bent out of shape because we won't be racing tomorrow. And all it takes is nothing to piss me off, and I should apologize for my behavior but I'm too mad to apologize. Dammit. A few days, I'll be okay. Until I start back to working on that car again and I get pissed off again.

Okay. I'm through ranting. I'm through ranting. It doesn't matter anyhow. I'm so mad I cant see, but my vision is coming back slowly. Dammit.
                  You don't have to apologize PW, it's all good. I'm just busting balls.. This too will pass. Can I still call you when I'm in your driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

You don't have to apologize PW, it's all good. I'm just busting balls.. This too will pass. Can I still call you when I'm in your driveway?
                    You sure can. We hope you do. Or just ring the doorbell.

Dang, I'm stressed. Work, car....work, it's showing. I'm just about to blow and all of it is supposed to be fun. I think I'll hide until the Gear Head Inn event, and we'll come back out with bells on. Like brand new.

Comment

You're OK dubster... some just like to poke the bear...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

In our lives, there are exciting times, and laid back times. I am left wondering if a post is so boring, and someone still takes the time to read it and respond to it, what does that say about their life?

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          You're OK dubster... some just like to poke the bear...
                          Now that is hilarious. , PeeWee THE BEAR !
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

Now that is hilarious. , PeeWee THE BEAR !
                            I kinda like it too, the little bitty baby bear. HAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by pdub; April 9, 2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Easy solution for unwanted birds: a rubber snake. My gutters all have one to thwart the woodpeckers. They've worked for years.
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 9, 2017, 07:54 PM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X