Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of classic Corvettes - - my boss had a little run in with one recently.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of classic Corvettes - - my boss had a little run in with one recently.

Turns out he bought the lucky raffle ticket. Now he just has to figure out what to do with it, lol.

Anyone have a '68 Chevelle Convertible 396 that wants to trade for a '57 Corvette? That's his "wish I had it back" car.

The winners of the Colonel Crawford Athletic Boosters’ Corvette Raffle didn’t have to travel too far for their prize, a 1957 red and white convertible Corvette.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sweet - good for him
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'll pay him 4x his investment for the vette....
      Last edited by Aircooled; April 7, 2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Wow! I was ecstatic when I won a picnic table!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Pretty good looking 'Vette - and I'm not a huge fan. I'm thinking that should get him the Chevelle and a wad of money to donate to the Boosters.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
            I'll pay him 4x his investment for the vette....
            After writing the 28% tax check......he may just take you up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Holy merde! Why do they call it "winning?!?!" Why do they always call it "winning?" I hope I never "win" anything. Golly Ned.

But I reckon if you can afford the tax bill, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. IF you can pay the tax bill....Geez.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Nice score but like it's been referenced to, there's no such thing as a free lunch!
                But hey I'll take the win and yeah I think he can swing the trade on the Chevelle with ease.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I wonder if that 28% is based upon the total raffle tickets sold or some appraisal value?

Comment

I wonder if that 28% is based upon the total raffle tickets sold or some appraisal value?
                    I was wondering... Seems to me it should be on his ticket(s). (what he spent) But knowing the gubberment, likely the total restored value

Oprah gave out cars and screwed up alot of people's lives on the taxes they had to pay..

Comment

They could always turn the car down . Oprah couldn't make them take a car . Not that I'm trying to say she hasn't screwed up people's lives......or the country for that matter .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It's appraisal value, plus somehow it is considered income. Yeah, car purchase is taxed at 7.25% here, but this is income......crazy thieving government.

Comment

It's appraisal value, plus somehow it is considered income. Yeah, car purchase is taxed at 7.25% here, but this is income......crazy thieving government.
                          The sales tax here in Cleveland TN is 10%, layered state and city stuff. But there is no state income tax in Tennessee. I'm okay with that, tax me on what I use. That's fair. I actually even like that.

I came from South Carolina to get here, there is an income tax but sales tax in South Carolina is about 4% IIRC and capped at $400 on any single purchase, but not so in Tennessee. We bought a $26,000 car here in Tennessee and the sales tax was $2600. Boom. It's structure, take it or leave it. Sort of a wash.

But tourists passing through Tennessee get milked.
                          Last edited by pdub; April 8, 2017, 01:28 PM.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                          X