Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metalflake or Wood? Steering wheel decision, a poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with that! My SIL has been fighting with one for a while now and several fixes have failed. I don't think that's common, though - just bad luck for him.

Are you sure you want to stoop to posting on BangShift!!?? And you HAVE been doing a lot of the heavy lifting here, too (not that we want you to go away, just to let your vision heal).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

We know you meant 'wood'.............
      "far out man" is the trigger.
      Shhhh.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Far Out man, looks like I'm buying a Weed wheel! Hemi Joel and Matt Cramer's arguments spoke to me. I'll post pics when it's done!

Comment

I believe you are not in a damp enviroment like OR.. I love the look of wOOd.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodfords View Post
            Far Out man, looks like I'm buying a Weed wheel!!
            Weed is cool. Didn't Cheech & Chong have a weed wheel in that van ?

Comment

if youre doing the gasser deal, metalflake. DO IT !
              any other kind of build i would say the woody one.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Weed is cool. Didn't Cheech & Chong have a weed wheel in that van ?
                I just reviewed "Up In Smoke" and YES! it was a weed wheel.

Comment

And here it is! I went with a vintage 15" Superior 500 wheel. I swore off buying this kind of stuff on fLeaBay some time ago, but I saw this thing and had to have it. I've been burned before but this wheel was actually as good as it was described. Needs a little cleaning but the chrome is 8.5/10 and the wood isn't loose on the metal rim:

Click image for larger version

Name:	170407_0004.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1153120

Name:	170407_0005.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1153121

Name:	170407_0007.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1153122

Comment

Looks pretty good!

Dan

Comment

Many years ago I witnessed an accident between two cars, the car that got hit from behind had a wood steering wheel. When the impact forced the driver to grip the wheel hard, the force made the wood shatter. I saw the guys hands full of blood and splinters. I vote for the metalflake wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by Kabinenroller View Post
                        Many years ago I witnessed an accident between two cars, the car that got hit from behind had a wood steering wheel. When the impact forced the driver to grip the wheel hard, the force made the wood shatter. I saw the guys hands full of blood and splinters. I vote for the metalflake wheel!
                        You won't like the horn button then:

Comment

Derby requires the center of the wheel be padded, can anybody hit his head on the middle of a steering wheel?
                          I've hit the top ring on my chin and the whole wheel from neck to belly..

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                            It's a station wagon, not a dune buggy or the Beatnick Bandit. Wood for sure!
                            Hey now...

58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                              Hey now...

I like it!
                              Wheels are choice of he/she that does the turning...
                              I once had the wheel spinning back after a turn and tore a hunk out of my finger. To be honest, my hands were wet and wrinkly then...

Comment

Those wheels have an era...every vehicle.
                                I like that metal flake for the time frame. it is just fun.

Ever wonder where that top dot comes from on some of the ricers?

Name:	DSC01825.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	1154952

it was not from drifting.. I had guessed it was B-rally from the 80s.
                                craziest flying tin cans in the world.(including porsche)

I found one post giving credit to ari vatenan (b-rally wild man)

No one can laugh at this wagon with it.. it remains the tightest ratio steering lock to lock subaru ever shipped. 1985-1987.
                                This wheel actually belongs there.
                                Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 21, 2017, 07:53 AM.
                                Previously boxer3main
                                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X